closed cans that are comfortable & isolate well & dont leak? i want them, so help me plz!
Nov 18, 2011 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Aquanote

100+ Head-Fier
heya right now im using the CAL's and soundwise i really love them but they just dont isolate well :frowning2:

so im looking for some cans up to 300 bucks that do AND sound good of course + need to be comfy as im wearing them for hours at a time.

me like lots of bass for my electronica and smooth details for classical music. thats 80% of what im listening to. rest is random.

source is a sony nwz-816, but would buy a fiio amp if necessary.

i dont know much about iems so im not sure if they can make me happy soundwise, all i know they isolate well :wink:

..thanks :)

Nov 18, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 3
i own the Bose ae2 and they are insanely comfortable and do isolate quite well they do let some sound in but they don't really let any out . hear is the link to bose's website they cost about 150 though you should be able to get them for cheaper .
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/audio_headphones/around_ear_headphones/index.jsp

Nov 18, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 3
I'd recommend either the AiAiAi tma-1 or the V-Moda m80 for portable, and LP2 for full sized.

All three of them are in the 200 dollar range, have detachable cables, are pretty darn good looking, and are built to last

The tma-1 has a darker, more bass heavy signature with recessed highs and mildly tamed mids. They're very responsive to eq-ing, so that helps even them out. These are made of a sort of rubbery plastic stuff, but have been shown twisted and turned in all directions and still snapping back to the original shape.

The Vmoda m80 is also a hit heavier on the bass side, but not terribly so. These are made of metal and look like they could survive getting thrown out a window, but are surprisingly 10 grams lighter than the tma-1.

The lp2 is a over the ear version of the m80 with clearer sound, more bass and better '3d' sound.

There's also options like the beyerdynamic 1350 or denon 2000 or senn hd25 1 II. I'm just recommending the cans I'm currently considering for purchase for my closed can needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back