Closed Cans for home and travel
Apr 6, 2005 at 2:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Tohex

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I have recently ordered some MD-33s and will most likely be using these for my travel usage, however at the end of this year i am going to england from australia and around europe so that is a MASSIVE total of like 48+ hours flying i'd say. So, although MD33s may well be the best option here (if they are they are...what can i do :p) i still thought i'd ask if anyone has any reccomendations for full cans that are closed (so that ppl around me on the plane dont hear much leakage...) and that aren't MASSIVE.

Now why do i ask you say....well i was also hoping that they would be decent enough to listen to at home, because i dont have any really good full cans right now (got some OLD koss phones....that aren't even full can's...so yeh
rolleyes.gif
)

Also, i would say that full cans have that 'fuller' sound that might be nice for a 24 hours flight....could be wrong, tell me what y'all think

Oh yeh, i will be using an ipod, but i dont mind throwing a small amp in my backpack whilst travelling and at home, well an amp is fine obviously :p.

Any ideas/suggestions/help is appreciated

Alucrep

Apr 6, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 9
budget?

Apr 6, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #3 of 9
in a word: low.

I'm in Australia, and stuff gets quite pricey down here. But i'd say at the very max at the moment i'd be wanting to go around $125 USD max or so...we'll soon see how realistic that is...ofcourse, spending less is always a huge positive :p, but we'll see.

Apr 6, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #6 of 9
Cool cool...yeh, the hd280's look pretty good, not to expensive...5 marks on headroom.

The HD25-1's....i presume they are the same as what is called the "HD 25" on headroom (i.e. not the HD 25-SP).

If so i think the HD 25-1 is a bit out of my price range for now...but the 25-sp's aren't....i've heard most ppl dont rate them however...so yeh?

Thanks guys

Apr 6, 2005 at 6:04 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by alucrep
Cool cool...yeh, the hd280's look pretty good, not to expensive...5 marks on headroom.

The HD25-1's....i presume they are the same as what is called the "HD 25" on headroom (i.e. not the HD 25-SP).

If so i think the HD 25-1 is a bit out of my price range for now...but the 25-sp's aren't....i've heard most ppl dont rate them however...so yeh?

Thanks guys

I think the general consensus would be that of those phones, the HD 25-1 would be the best, but the HD 280 also is a nice choice at its price point. I think the HD 25-SP is in third place of the three. Note, I have not heard the 25 SP.

Apr 6, 2005 at 9:40 AM Post #9 of 9
Thanks...i've already got the MD33's on the way..but its a long while before i'm going oversea's....at the moment i couldn't afford the Ety's
frown.gif
...but noise cancellation is an ok idea...

Putting aside the HD280s for a sec....what are the Senn PXC250s like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back