Closed back recommendations for Grado Hemp fan
Oct 29, 2023 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jikokaiki

New Head-Fier
Hey all, I am looking for some suggestions on closed back headphones. I am not super experienced in the headphone game but I do have a pair of Hemps that I like so if there was something that would be comparable that would be cool.

I had tried to go with something different with the Meze 99 classics and I was disappointed. The Hemps seemed to do everything better which I found surprising since everyone seems to talk about the bass on the 99classics 😅

I do wear glasses so if there was something that would play nice with those as well that would be great!

I would say price range is $250 ish. I plan on returning the classics and using that money to purchase something else.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #2 of 3
I'd read up on the Audio Technica MSR7b. Some similarities there but I've only heard the Hemp for 30 minutes. And I wasn't a fan of the 99 Classics, either.

Oct 29, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #3 of 3
I'm enjoying my Beyerdynamic DT700 Pro X, $269. Soft thick pads are pretty good with glasses and they are comfortable. They are billed as reference, but to me they provide plenty of bass thump as well as very clear voices and percussion, and easy to drive. Since they go down to 5Hz you could always EQ extra bass if you want -- doesn't seem necessary to me. Un-EQ'd they get the low bass notes in tracks like Outkast's "The Way You Move" and Hans Zimmer's "Why so Serious."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back