Closed-back over-ear headphones under €500 for J-Pop/anime?
May 29, 2021 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Artemiy

New Head-Fier
I should've asked here for recommendations before going on a shopping spree, but in the end here I am anyway. I'd like a set of closed back cans that:
  • fare well with high-pitched anime girl vocals and not as high-pitched male vocals (e.g. to my ears Austrian Audio Hi-x55 make them both sound too quiet and I'd prefer the vocals to be more well-defined and audible/separated from instruments)
  • have crisp mids/highs, i.e. don't sound like a radio (Sony XM3 sound like that to me)
  • have just enough bass to enjoy a Sawano Drop but not so much that there's nothing but bass
  • are also good for movies/anime in general
  • won't break on me in a few months
  • wireless is a bonus, but not necessary
I basically enjoy the likes of Sennheiser Momentum 1 or Drop Panda, the latter seeming to be a good fit that do everything I want well enough (sans a good mic, better to have no mic than that) – until QC issues started showing and the supposedly indestructible metal joints simply broke, and now they messed with the firmware so I'm afraid of buying a new pair. But I'm fine with wired, I'll just use the XM3 for commute then. I thought the Hi-x55 would do the job, but it seems they're not an ideal fit for my hearing due to the vocals.

What would you recommend? I would really appreciate any and all suggestions...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back