Closed back headphones under 100 - low leakage?
Mar 28, 2014 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

hwhistleford

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm looking for some advice on picking up a new set of headphones. I know this has been asked before but I'm looking to get some entry level closed back headphones for ideally under £80.

I'm looking for as little leakage as possible as I'll be using them in the uni library, and ideally good isolation for when I'm at home. The music I listen to is mostly vocal dominated indie pop and rock, so I'm not a massive bass head. 

I'm not too hung up on particular brands or style but comfort would be appreciated. They're going to be used with either laptop or ipod, no plans to use an amp.

Amazon have some great deals at the moment but there are so many options and I know so little, so I'm a bit out of my depth. Any advice or suggestions would be fantastic.

Cheers

Mar 29, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #3 of 6
Hi! Thanks for replying. I've checked them out and they look like exactly what I'm after. However I'm in the UK and I've done a bit of searching and they're not really available in the UK. I've no idea why. Is there anything you could suggest?

Thanks!

Mar 29, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #4 of 6
There is an incredible deal on the M50s right now that just fits your budget. Word or warning though, it may be too bass heavy for your genre, and the vocals won't thrive as well as you'd hope. Otherwise, it's a really solid headphone.

http://www.dv247.com/headphones/audio-technica-ath-m50-professional-studio-monitor-headphones--47663

Mar 29, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #5 of 6
Brilliant. I'll give them a look. Amazon have a great deal on Citiscape Uptown's (+/- £55) at the moment. Do know what your take on those are. I think they're a little less basey than the M50s? Thanks for all the suggestions

Mar 29, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 6
I've read good reviews of MDR-ZX700 with both stock and HM5 pads.

I'd advise against M50. I suppose it works for EDM but not much else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back