Closed back headphones recommendations (ard 200-1000usd range)
Mar 1, 2022 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

randombrokeguy

New Head-Fier
Hi guys recently I have decided to buy a closed back headphone to accompany with my hifiman ananda. I would use it both outside and inside. I mainly listen to genres like jpop, rock, jazz and classical music. Since I would use them outside I hope it can be powered by phone or a Fiio BTR5. Currently my budget limit is around 1000usd.
If you guys have any recommendations, can you please maybe share some thoughts or experiences here? Thank you.

Mar 1, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 7
Have you looked at the Focal Elegia? LCD-XC though I'm not a personal fan of it.

Mar 1, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 7
Hmm... most of the closed-backs I have heard in that range are reasonably bassy (Fostex TH-X00, Meze 99), although as @msing539 says the Elegia is a nice set of headphones you can usually find for $300-400 on Classifieds.

Mar 2, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 7
Mar 2, 2022 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 7
Mar 2, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #6 of 7
Thx for the reminder, but I am still in the consideration stage and I would like to try more first. And sadly in my country it is kinda hard to find a elegia. But what do you think about the Celestee? And I am also starting to consider about the DCA aeon 2 noire now.
I have 'heard' that the Celestee is wonderfull overall except for soundstage. Maybe someone that has heard it can chime in! The only DCA headphones I really like are the Stealth and Ether--the others lack for me personally but YMMV!

Mar 6, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Elegia is my recommendation as well, if you can find one. I was shocked how good it was when I first heard it.

Otherwise my other favorite Is DCA Aeon closed. Whichever variant you prefer (2, Noire, RT). Most prefer the Ether, but for some odd reason I like the Aeon. YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back