Closed back headphones for a new work setup - Oppo PM-3, V-Moda M100, Viso HP50, Shure SRH1540
Aug 10, 2015 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

arthnox

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I am in the market for a good pair of closed back cans for my work setup and have thus far managed to bring it down to these 4 options. The options are pretty damn varied both in price and sound signature. I am willing to invest what's necessary to have a great work setup that will last me a few years (hopefully!).

I currently use Fidelio X1's at home hooked up to a v1 Schiit stack and like it a lot. Unfortunately open back headphones and noisy work environment don't go hand in hand so I am looking at my options on the closed back side. I mostly listen to pop, rock and electronic and enjoy a wide sound stage and fairly neutral headphones (though I can enjoy a little bass emphasis). I need a pair that is well constructed and is VERY comfortable for long listening sessions (8+ hours).

Which of the above headphones would be the best fit for me and is paying the premium for the SRH1540 worth it (they are almost double the price of the M100 or HP50 in Canada)? They seem to be built like a tank and extremely comfortable though...

thanks alot 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back