Closed-back headphone recommendations for under 200$
Apr 25, 2022 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

drummerdimitri

500+ Head-Fier
My mother would like to purchase headphones for her personal enjoyment and since she is not an audiophile and doesn't really know what she likes in terms of sound signature, I believe one leaning towards neutral would be preferable in this case.

The headphone should be an over-ear type and closed back to prevent sound leakage to the environment.

It will be used only with a laptop's internal soundcard/android phone without any external dac/amp so high efficiency and easy to drive headphones are a must.

Wireless function would be cool to have but not necessary as it is not really needed.

Finally, comfort is important as is build quality. I know the budget doesn't allow her to have it all, but striking a balance between SQ, build and comfort is important in this case.

Apr 25, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #2 of 4
The picks I've had and would recommend are AKG K371pro, Phillips SHP9500, and just got a Bose Quiet comfort II 35. If any are in your price range they're all really good (I have all three if you have specific questions).
I supply for my family and of those, my mother picked the Quiet comfort 35 II and loves them. The low setting noise cancelling is best, music sounds wonderful without eq needed.

Apr 25, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #3 of 4
Second the AKG K371’s they are comfortable built well and have a fairly neutral sound with no booming bass or shrill highs pretty even handed and are easy to drive .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back