Closed back, comfortable, headphones with great sound which do not break easily? Budget 500$
Nov 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #16 of 38
The very best isolation I have ever heard is from the Sennheiser PX360. I personally really liked the sound of them as well. For $119 on Amazon right now (I think) they're a fantastic deal. Easily driven without an amp, great isolation, and super portable...I'd check them out.

Nov 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #17 of 38
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250-Ohm $170
Beyerdynamic DT770 Premium 250-Ohm $240
The Pros have slightly tighter clamping around the ears (more bass).
Premium slightly lighter clamping around ears, more comfortable then Pros.
I believe they can deal with wear and tear as well as any other headphone.

My Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250-Ohm are very comfortable for me.

Both are way under your budget
Both need to be used with a headphone amplifier.
Fiio has small headphone amplifiers, $25-$200

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #22 of 38

Ultrasone PRO 900 BALANCED Headphones 460£

"(How about a factory recabled, balanced, Ultrasone PRO900 headphones? Ultrasone has decided to offer balanced-drive version of the PRO900 headphones. The PRO900 headphones are made in Thailand, then shipped to Germany, where they undergo a recable procedure from the factory to a 2x 3-pin Neutrk XLR termination.)"

Ultrasone PRO 900 Closed-Back Professional Headphones 315£

What would be the difference of these except the extreme price difference?

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #25 of 38

Quote:
What are your opinions on pa2v2-amplifier from electric-avenues?

I actually currently own the PA2V2 and am looking to sell it. Going to be selling it for like 20 bucks or something. Anyhow, as for working with the Pro 900 it isn't too bad. It certainly adds to the punchy-fun bass but there are definitely better amplifiers out there. Bear in mind that you get more bang for your buck doing a desktop setup than a portable setup. But I understand if you want a portable setup. 

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #26 of 38

Quote:
I actually currently own the PA2V2 and am looking to sell it. Going to be selling it for like 20 bucks or something. Anyhow, as for working with the Pro 900 it isn't too bad. It certainly adds to the punchy-fun bass but there are definitely better amplifiers out there. Bear in mind that you get more bang for your buck doing a desktop setup than a portable setup. But I understand if you want a portable setup. 

Yea, I understand, but it would be slightly too much setting that up at work:p

Any other portable amplifier you would recommend?

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #29 of 38
If you need to move around and are looiking for a pair of closed headphones that combines excellent SQ, solidity, good isolation, excellent workmanship and easy to drive, you definitely should try the Sony MDR Z1000.

MSRP @$500, street price as low as $300 depending on where you live.

Nov 30, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #30 of 38

Quote:

Ultrasone PRO 900 BALANCED Headphones 460£

"(How about a factory recabled, balanced, Ultrasone PRO900 headphones? Ultrasone has decided to offer balanced-drive version of the PRO900 headphones. The PRO900 headphones are made in Thailand, then shipped to Germany, where they undergo a recable procedure from the factory to a 2x 3-pin Neutrk XLR termination.)"

Ultrasone PRO 900 Closed-Back Professional Headphones 315£

What would be the difference of these except the extreme price difference?

They require a balanced amp to work.  Instead of a stereo plug on the end of the cable, they have two XLR connectors.  Looks like this:

Not really an ideal choice for someone new to headphones - balanced amps aren't cheap and you probably won't notice a significant difference over the stock cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back