Closed and maybe wireless 'phones. Any recommendations?
Mar 31, 2002 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hinors14

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of closed (maybe wireless) 'phones for the TV set in our livingroom. My little sister watches a lot of Cartoon Network and it's hard to have a conversation even when it's only at a moderate sound level. She uses to put on a pair of $10 Philips 'phones but they don't isolate the sound very well and they aren't wireless. Besides that, only one channel is working...

Sound quality is actually the lowest priority (Did I just say that?
eek.gif
)
wink.gif
She's only seven so they have to fit on a tiny head.

What 'phones would you recommend when the budget is:

$35 ?
$60 ?
$120 ?

Apr 1, 2002 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 3
Wow, didn't know you could get Cartoon Network in Denmark! Good to know if I'm ever travelling that way I won't have to miss Samurai Jack.
biggrin.gif

Senheiser has a good group of closed phones in that price range. Unfortunately I'll have to quote US prices, chances are you can do better in your part of the world. Look for the 202 at $25, the 212 at $50 and the 280 at $99.

Some people have also given the Philips 550 good marks and they should be inexpensive ($30 US). Sony V6 is another option although I thought I heard they were difficult to find in Europe.

If TV is the sole purpose for these phones the 202 or the 550 should be good enough. The best of the bunch is the 280, these seem to be the current favorite closed phone around here taking the crown from the V6.

Wireless, you might want to look for the Sennheiser 65 but I don't know price offhand. Might be more than their worth for that application.

(HBZ)

Apr 1, 2002 at 8:38 AM Post #3 of 3
I don't think kids that age should be using headphones...sound levels with headphones can get quite loud quite quick, and kids usually aren't thinking about the damage that too much noise can cause. If the 7 year olds open headphones are leaking too much sound, chances are she's listening too loud, and should turn the volume down.

Youngsters ears are very delicate, please do not sacrifice the kids long term hearing for a little peace and quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back