Close
Feb 12, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #76 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....And not a hint of kurtness or rudeness detected throughout that entire post.....my god, I think I've got an intelligent response with good points here, from someone who knows what he knows, and does not try to know it all for once! Thanks for the input.

There have been a lot of great replies in this thread, but I have to say, I have sensed more "rudeness" from your replies than those of anyone else. I don't want to flame, but I felt like pointing this out.

Feb 12, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #77 of 85
True everyone just want to denounce what people claim to hear and argue. Whats the point if lossless sounds better to you use it if not Dont. But dont tell of recommend to noobies that there is no difference just because there is no difference for you.

Some peoples ears are just better than others!

Feb 12, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #78 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There have been a lot of great replies in this thread, but I have to say, I have sensed more "rudeness" from your replies than those of anyone else. I don't want to flame, but I felt like pointing this out.

Not taken as a flame..I'm sure it's hard to tell my tone through type, but I certainly don't mean to insult or disrespect any of the other posters, although I'm sure theres a hint of smartass here and there. Message board debates get heated from time to time what can I say. With that said I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to anyone I may have offended in my replies, you're all cool to me.

Feb 12, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #79 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True everyone just want to denounce what people claim to hear and argue. Whats the point if lossless sounds better to you use it if not Dont. But dont tell of recommend to noobies that there is no difference just because there is no difference for you.

Some peoples ears are just better than others!

I wrote my personal observations. I didn't say STAY AWAY FROM LOSSLESS! I knew I'd get stoned to death for doubting the almighty lossless lol. But you may be right, it could very well be that all these years of double-bass cranked to 11 are finally catching up with me, who knows.

Feb 13, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #81 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etrips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense, but please tell me you did this test using at least the audio line out and a amp of some sort :|

To quote my original post, "played through an unamped iPod, using Etymotic ER4p's and Shure E5c's"

Feb 13, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #82 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To quote my original post, "played through an unamped iPod, using Etymotic ER4p's and Shure E5c's"

dotdotdot
rolleyes.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #84 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't matter, ER4p and ipod will get you good sound. The 4p doesn't improve much (if any) from amping.

So headphone out > line out?

Feb 13, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #85 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etrips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So headphone out > line out?

No the line out + amp will be better for most headphones.

But in my experience, amping the ER4p through the line out or using the built in amp in the ipod sound virtually the same. It's a different story with the ER4s.

I'm just saying theres nothing wrong with the setup he used to test the files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back