Clip Zip 'Sport' 16Gb ?
Feb 26, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #121 of 216
I see.
Well personally the only things I really care about are SQ and battery life. I'm not specially fond of RB and its annoying folders that are in the way of my navigation and that cannot be definitely suppressed.
Barely use the EQ as well so...

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #122 of 216
This is real frustrating because the only way I know to unfreeze it is to let the battery drain all the way down.

Holding down the power button for 15-20 seconds should force it off. Then you can turn it back on.

That's how it works on the Clip Zip, anyhow, and I'd be surprised if they removed this functionality from the Sport.

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #123 of 216
Finally, something small and pocket-able, with a clip, over 20 hours of battery life (give me 15 hours with FLAC/WAV and I am happy), expandable memory, and does not cost like an inane fanatical pile of poo poo.

Will buy one of these during the months to come. With a 64GB microSDXC.

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #126 of 216
Finally, something small and pocket-able, with a clip, over 20 hours of battery life (give me 15 hours with FLAC/WAV and I am happy), expandable memory, and does not cost like an inane fanatical pile of poo poo.

Will buy one of these during the months to come. With a 64GB microSDXC.

Sandisk uses a really slow FLAC decoder generally, so usually the battery life with FLAC will be half or less than what they claim for MP3.

Which is funny because FLAC is a very simple format, and with a good decoder is 2 or 3 times as fast as MP3 easily.  

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #127 of 216
  The SoC is ATJ2127:http://www.actions-semi.com/en/productview.aspx?cat=87&id=118
Philips GoGEAR models are also using this SoC.
Maybe it has more driving power than the Clip Zip.(15mw@16ohm)

The power transfer is just limited by the supply voltage, nothing else.  So either they go to a more complex, inefficient design to gain a few db more volume at the expense of battery life, or its limited to about the Clip series volume plus or minus a dB or two.  Thats why basically all conventional MP3 players that aren't software volume capped are within a few dB of each other in power output.  They basically do about what is possible with a 2.5v supply.  

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #128 of 216
I've had mine for about a week now. Never owned the other models so I can't comment on the differences, but I really like it. It does, however, freeze up A LOT. I will go to change the song and it will freeze. This is real frustrating because the only way I know to unfreeze it is to let the battery drain all the way down. This definitely needs to be fixed. Anyone else having this problem?

That's strange your sport is freezing up. I have loaded many 1 hour podcasts & individual songs via. Micro-sd and have no problems.
Try a factory restore & see if the problems persist. If it does return it (if you're in the returning policy period) or call the manufacturer.

Feb 26, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #129 of 216
Can anyone confirm that an m3u playlist loaded on a micro SD card, and the mp3 files as well, works - please. If this does I'll purchase a Clip Sport @bestbuy this weekend if I can.

Mar 1, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #131 of 216
Can anyone confirm that an m3u playlist loaded on a micro SD card, and the mp3 files as well, works - please. If this does I'll purchase a Clip Sport @bestbuy this weekend if I can.

Anyone can answer this for me please? Thanks,...

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #133 of 216
Mar 6, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #134 of 216

The Clip Sport does not have the same internals as previous Clip players. This has been confirmed:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=644251&postcount=130
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=644256&postcount=91

I think people are negative not merely because of the near impossibility of a timely Rockbox port, but because of the several actual issues with the firmware built into the device.

True dat homie! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back