Clip Zip 'Sport' 16Gb ?
Feb 22, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #106 of 216
^ definitely cheaper. How are the loading times? How many files are on the sd card? That's where the zip's stock fw was disappointing to me, it would crash if I had too many files on the sd card.

Feb 25, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #112 of 216
Disappointing that Sandisk went and fixed something that was not broken. You have to wonder why they wouldn't keep the hardware the same. Like a lot of people I won't consider this without Rockbox support.

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #114 of 216
Very curious how the sound stacks up against older versions. Waiting for an in depth review. As long as it sounds good, I might get one even without rockbox. I just like the look/size of it over the zip.

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #115 of 216
I don't get why people are so negative just because there's no rockbox or people are making quick assumptions.
It'd be a bad decisions (from a logistical point of view) to start using different internal parts for this new Clip Zip.
Externally and from dimensions the Clip Zip and this Sport looks similar-ish, the chips inside can be the same.
It could be new a look same parts with some new software.

Rockbox or not, I'm fine. It's only just been released anyway, give it time.

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #116 of 216
Rock box just gives so many more sound options...I won't buy unless it can be rock boxed

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #117 of 216
  I don't get why people are so negative just because there's no rockbox or people are making quick assumptions.
It'd be a bad decisions (from a logistical point of view) to start using different internal parts for this new Clip Zip.
Externally and from dimensions the Clip Zip and this Sport looks similar-ish, the chips inside can be the same.
It could be new a look same parts with some new software.

Rockbox or not, I'm fine. It's only just been released anyway, give it time.

The Clip Sport does not have the same internals as previous Clip players. This has been confirmed:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=644251&postcount=130
http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=644256&postcount=91

I think people are negative not merely because of the near impossibility of a timely Rockbox port, but because of the several actual issues with the firmware built into the device.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #118 of 216
I actually like this player compared to the clip +. I've never used rock box thinking the player may brick or something but for ppl who are used to it are definetly going to want something of it on the Sport. I feel the new sport is more rugged & sounds far better than what the clip + had to offer just using the sony V6. Tried it with the Digizoid and bass becomes a bit muddy when the zo2 is near the orange to red indicator.

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #119 of 216
I've had mine for about a week now. Never owned the other models so I can't comment on the differences, but I really like it. It does, however, freeze up A LOT. I will go to change the song and it will freeze. This is real frustrating because the only way I know to unfreeze it is to let the battery drain all the way down. This definitely needs to be fixed. Anyone else having this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back