Clip Zip 'Sport' 16Gb ?
Feb 8, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #36 of 216
Saw these at best buy today.... 8gb black and blue..... 4gb black and red....look awesome.... $50 for 8gb, $40 for 4 gb...its weird because they aren't even on the best buy webpage

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #37 of 216
Saw these at best buy today.... 8gb black and blue..... 4gb black and red....look awesome.... $50 for 8gb, $40 for 4 gb...its weird because they aren't even on the best buy webpage

Only $50?? The Clip Zip's msrp is $60 for 4gb and $70 for 8gb. I hope SanDisk didn't scrimp on the components to get the price down. It would suck if the audio quality is worse than previous Clips.

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #38 of 216
  Only $50?? The Clip Zip's msrp is $60 for 4gb and $70 for 8gb. I hope SanDisk didn't scrimp on the components to get the price down. It would suck if the audio quality is worse than previous Clips.

i mean it'd be awesome if they got the price down and still kept the quality the same. also no one knows if these are confirmed prices are not. my guess is not given that the sites online that show them for sale are in the like 65-75 euro range.

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #39 of 216
Best Buy (only the American Best Buy, unfortunately) has the Clip Sport listed on their site now. I'm not sure how long it's been there.

4gb - $40 - black, red, yellow
8gb - $50 - black, blue, yellow, pink, lime
16gb - not listed, at least not yet

Like I've said before, the pricing surprises me, and it's much lower than what European sites have been listing.

Two specs that I don't think have been mentioned are that it's water-resistant (perhaps this is why it's called "Sport") and impact-resistant (not sure what specific aspect of the player this refers to). Other than this, the specs seem to match what we've already heard.

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #40 of 216
I just picked up a blue 8gb yesterday at best buy. I was going to buy another clip zip using a coupon I had, then I saw these. I didn't know there was a new model out.
I stood there for a good 10 minutes trying to decide if I wanted to spend a little bit more on a new model. The increased battery life and being a new model, made my decision final.
The zip sport is actually a bit bigger than the regular zip, when side by side you can see the difference overall and also the screen size. If I get a chance I'll take a side by side picture of the two. The only other change I see so far is the power button is no longer at the top, you hold down the center button to turn it on or off. Also the blue ring around the case appears to be a soft rubber material, not hard plastic like the rest of the case.
As far as sound quality, I don't think my ears are qualified to tell a difference between the two, since I'm still new at this. But listening with my Rockit Sounds R50 the clip sport does sound as good as my clip zip, using the stock firmware on both.
Now I wonder if they are going to come out with a new fuze.

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #41 of 216
I just picked up a blue 8gb yesterday at best buy. I was going to buy another clip zip using a coupon I had, then I saw these. I didn't know there was a new model out.
I stood there for a good 10 minutes trying to decide if I wanted to spend a little bit more on a new model. The increased battery life and being a new model, made my decision final.
The zip sport is actually a bit bigger than the regular zip, when side by side you can see the difference overall and also the screen size. If I get a chance I'll take a side by side picture of the two. The only other change I see so far is the power button is no longer at the top, you hold down the center button to turn it on or off. Also the blue ring around the case appears to be a soft rubber material, not hard plastic like the rest of the case.
As far as sound quality, I don't think my ears are qualified to tell a difference between the two, since I'm still new at this. But listening with my Rockit Sounds R50 the clip sport does sound as good as my clip zip, using the stock firmware on both.
Now I wonder if they are going to come out with a new fuze.

Some pictures would be great mate..How much did you pay for them?

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #44 of 216

Yep, those were the prices...I should have bought it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back