Clip Zip Rockbox Meier Crossfeed
Feb 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

bba1973

500+ Head-Fier
I just bought a Clip Zip and haven't been able to find any Meier crossfeed Rockbox builds for it. Found one for my Clip+ and love it, but I really miss the Meier crossfeed on the Zip. Has anyone made a build of this yet?

On a related note, is there any particular reason why the Meier patch hasn't been committed in Rockbox yet? Seems pretty stable and all.

Thanks

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #8 of 11

As I know sansa fuze+ doesn't have rockbox.

Well, this is simply not true.  I currently have Rockbox installed on my Sansa Fuze+. The firmware is still a little buggy, and some kinks need to be worked out, but the latest build is still more than usable for my needs - and 100 times better than the original firmware. I used to have the Meier Crossfeed on my Clip+ and loved it. I'm just really hoping that there will be more Crossfeed options for the Fuze+ in the near future.

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:

Well, this is simply not true.  I currently have Rockbox installed on my Sansa Fuze+. The firmware is still a little buggy, and some kinks need to be worked out, but the latest build is still more than usable for my needs - and 100 times better than the original firmware. I used to have the Meier Crossfeed on my Clip+ and loved it. I'm just really hoping that there will be more Crossfeed options for the Fuze+ in the near future.

Really? I tried it a few days ago and the touchpad seemed unresponsive....as opposed to the original firmware where it is way too sensitive. I decided to give it some time before I tried it again....I use the player as a shuffle player so it's tolerable as is for now.

Feb 23, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #10 of 11
Absolutely. I believe its a real shame that Sansa failed to properly implement a half-way functional touchscreen. It really hampers the usablity on this fantastic player, and has no doubt affected its reputation as a player. Like anything else, navigation on the Fuze+ using Rockbox takes a little time to master. However, when you finally do become accustomed to the controls, it becomes a vey capable top notch player, no different than the Clip+. Obviously, I don't believe anyone recommends attempting to navigate Rockbox on this player using the sliding touch feature (like on the original firmware). They will without a doubt find themselves very frustrated 
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back