Clip Zip & E5 versus Fuze+
Mar 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Halzen

New Head-Fier
I have about $60 to spend on a small music player (strictly music). I've been using a 2nd generation iPod Touch (unamped), which I plug my Koss UR-20s into. I'd like to use the same headphones on one of the following setups:
  • Sansa Clip Zip and a FiiO E5
  • Sansa Fuze+ without amp (for now)

Either setup will cost about $60 on Amazon, so I don't have much wiggle room to consider alternatives. How do those two compare in terms of sound quality? I like relatively heavy bass, but a general balance with mids and trebles are equally as important. I listen to just about everything, so there's no need to eliminate by genre.

Also, you're wasting your breath by knocking my headphones or my budget. I'm happy with both, and I don't listen to elitist snobs.

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
I have about $60 to spend on a small music player (strictly music). I've been using a 2nd generation iPod Touch (unamped), which I plug my Koss UR-20s into. I'd like to use the same headphones on one of the following setups:
  • Sansa Clip Zip and a FiiO E5
  • Sansa Fuze+ without amp (for now)

Either setup will cost about $60 on Amazon, so I don't have much wiggle room to consider alternatives. How do those two compare in terms of sound quality? I like relatively heavy bass, but a general balance with mids and trebles are equally as important. I listen to just about everything, so there's no need to eliminate by genre.

Also, you're wasting your breath by knocking my headphones or my budget. I'm happy with both, and I don't listen to elitist snobs.

You won't be able to hear much of a difference between the Clip Zip and the Fuze. Just go with the one that has the features you like. I use a Clip+ and have actually sold my $300 Sony X1050 because the difference in sound between the two was negligable. And you can install Rockbox on the Clip!

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
You won't be able to hear much of a difference between the Clip Zip and the Fuze. Just go with the one that has the features you like. I use a Clip+ and have actually sold my $300 Sony X1050 because the difference in sound between the two was negligable. And you can install Rockbox on the Clip!

Thanks for your response. I was also told on reddit that I wouldn't be able to hear much of a difference between the two. I guess I'll go with the Clip, Rockbox it, and amp it. :)

Is Rockbox stable on the Clip Zip? It's listed as an unstable port atm...

Mar 29, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 5
This is actually the guy that replied to you on Reddit,

The Rockbox port for the Clip Zip is certainly stable; in fact for me it has been more stable (given me no issues at all) than the stock firmware itself.

Edit: Holy crap, I've been registered with this account since 2007 and never posted before.  Too bad it's too late for me to watch out for my wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back