Clip+ Synced Songs Turns to Numbers?
Jul 21, 2011 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Smallville

100+ Head-Fier
So, I just got a Clip+ today and when I Rockboxed it. I synced a bunch of songs with MediaMonkey, but when I browse for them through the Clip, ALL of the song names come up as 1, 2, 3, 4,... etc. Is this some sort of setting that I need to turn off?

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 7
Which format are the song in? Have you tagged them properly? Have you updated the database in Rockbox? I suspect that the problem might have something to do with tagging...

With Rockbox I just copy a folder and paste it in the "music" folder on my DAP. It works better than syncing. I just use syncing with DAP's that do not have Rockbox.

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
They're all properly tagged through iTunes. I just deleted all the music from my Clip+ and drag-and-dropped them through MediaMonkey so it's working fine now. Thanks.

Great that you got it working! Rockbox is easy to use.

BTW, how is Rockbox with the Clip+? I am thinking about buying a cheap Clip+, but I have read that the USB driver doesn't work properly under Rockbox. So if you want to transfer music, it is best if you have both the original firmware and Rockbox installed and boot with the OF when you transfer music. Then you can boot with Rockbox. Is that what you do?

Jul 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:

BTW, how is Rockbox with the Clip+? I am thinking about buying a cheap Clip+, but I have read that the USB driver doesn't work properly under Rockbox. So if you want to transfer music, it is best if you have both the original firmware and Rockbox installed and boot with the OF when you transfer music. Then you can boot with Rockbox. Is that what you do?

Yes. Very simple, and along with all the other benefits of Rockbox, the Clip+ gets better battery life w/RB.
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 7
It leaves the original firmware on there. If you want to sync, you turn off the Clip+ and plug in the USB cable. That way, the Clip+ will turn on and boot into the original firmware so you can sync. After you're done, you unplug the USB cable, turn the Clip+ off, and turn it back on so you can use Rockbox. It sounds like a hassle, but it's really not.

Quote:

Jul 25, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
It leaves the original firmware on there. If you want to sync, you turn off the Clip+ and plug in the USB cable. That way, the Clip+ will turn on and boot into the original firmware so you can sync. After you're done, you unplug the USB cable, turn the Clip+ off, and turn it back on so you can use Rockbox. It sounds like a hassle, but it's really not.

If the Clip+ detects the USB cable itself, it sounds easy. Thanks for 'splaining!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back