Clip+ Sound Quality, really??
Apr 6, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #16 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiPod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious. He/She that loves the Clip+, what earphones/headphones are you using? Further, is your setup amped or straight out of the HP out? Last, what is your data format?

At the moment I use the rockboxed Clip+ with my UE-10's and it is amped. However, even without an amp, the Clip+ sounds great. I am using FLAC on the Clip+.

Apr 6, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #18 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At the moment I use the rockboxed Clip+ with my UE-10's and it is amped. However, even without an amp, the Clip+ sounds great. I am using FLAC on the Clip+.

That's what I figured, and I think this is where everyone "misleads" others with their feedback.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion; I just wish they'd provide the comprehensive details for which their opinion is based. Make sure we are comparing apples with apples.

Apr 6, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #19 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno, it just sounds thinner and less resolved than everything else I have atm. Perhaps they need more power, I can get the volume high enough for my tastes it seems. Just seems like I'm listening to a lossy file, as if data is missing.

Rockbox incoming....

I've lost count of how many times i've said the same about the clip on this site.

Thin.

A perfect description of the SQ

Apr 6, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #20 of 179
My Clip+ is good match with UM3X.

Apr 6, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #21 of 179
My Sansa Clip+ sounds awesome with my Sennheiser CX300 phones
happy_face1.gif

Art

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #22 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by superpiper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've lost count of how many times i've said the same about the clip on this site.

Thin.

A perfect description of the SQ

I completely disagree. I think it sounds neither thin nor bass heavy. Not veiled either. To me it sounds like it puts out exactly what you put in. Well mastered music sounds absolutely phenomenal on it. Crappy mastered music, especially in MP3 format, sounds...welll...like crap.

I find the Clip+ to be on the warm side of transparent, especially with my UE-10's.
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #23 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hsiu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Clip+ is good match with UM3X.

Hi, how is the SQ compare with Clip+ and 5800xm? because I have 5800 and intend to buy a Clip+ for a SQ upgread but if their SQ is just slightly different, it will be a waste.. feedbacks appreciated.

Apr 6, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #24 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I completely disagree. I think it sounds neither thin nor bass heavy. Not veiled either. To me it sounds like it puts out exactly what you put in. Well mastered music sounds absolutely phenomenal on it. Crappy mastered music, especially in MP3 format, sounds...welll...like crap.

I find the Clip+ to be on the warm side of transparent, especially with my UE-10's.
biggrin.gif

This is misleading, perhaps w/ your rockboxed, amp'd clip+ its true.

With a STOCK Clip+ unamped the SQ is worse than what I have already A/B'd against.

My SQ files are all well mastered and I don't have any MP3's in my collection.

I can see a BA driver masking some deficiencies, nowhere to hide w/ a good dynamic driver though.

I'll try to rockbox it in the next few days and update.

Apr 6, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #25 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by ysksky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, how is the SQ compare with Clip+ and 5800xm? because I have 5800 and intend to buy a Clip+ for a SQ upgread but if their SQ is just slightly different, it will be a waste.. feedbacks appreciated.

if the 5800xm has the same chip/sound signature as the N82 , i'll say its a good upgrade. The clip+ is more detail, clarity and great separation. Even with the "stereo widening" ON it does not compare with the Clip+. Remember this is my opinion only, let your ears decide.
o2smile.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #26 of 179
I find the sound from the Clip + slightly better than my Nokia 6303. I like the sound from the Clip + but my big CD-player sounds much better. I'm pleased with my Clip + connected to my HD428 for it sounds very balanced. It's still stock on flat EQ. My Nokia sounds more exiting and has better volume settings.

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #27 of 179
As I've said in other threads, I love the sound of the clip and it is very detailed, but I think it needs a little more power to make headphones sound their best. Using them with my UM3Xs I get great sound but after plugging them into my T51 everything just sounds fuller.

I think I might need an amp for it.

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #28 of 179
Quote:

With a STOCK Clip+ unamped the SQ is worse than what I have already A/B'd against.

I can see a BA driver masking some deficiencies, nowhere to hide w/ a good dynamic driver though.

Well I think as LFF said earlier, to each his own. Not everyone is going to share the same opinion 100% of the time.

No product has that type of support. But the majority do find the clip and the fuze to have exceptional sound quality and especially at this price point, it's the best bang for your buck for dmp's.

But you'll see a certain Samsung HDTV get all sorts of praise but there are always going to be some that just don't see it and you'll also get some that don't see it because many people do see it and it's much cooler to go against the grain..

I compared my Fuze which has the same sound quality as the clip+ at IMHO against my friends iPod nano 5G, using his and my headphones and even he, who is one of those Steve Jobs lacky's and everything Apple says and does is TRUTH , kind of guys, had to admit the SQ of the Fuze was head and shoulders.

Almost all Prof. reviews and many upon many all agree that the clip+ has excellent sq but like yours it all based on own personal likes, tastes and sensativity.

In the end it's your ears

Apr 6, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #29 of 179
Quote:

Misleading?!

I feel a STOCK sansa clip+ UNAMPED still sounds better than most DAP's out there, including all the ipods.

That's just me though. In the end it's your ears and if you feel the Clip+ is that bad then by all means get rid of it and be happy with whatever else you have.

Apr 7, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #30 of 179
Quote:

Originally Posted by boswd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I compared my Fuze which has the same sound quality as the clip+ at IMHO against my friends iPod nano 5G, using his and my headphones and even he, who is one of those Steve Jobs lacky's and everything Apple says and does is TRUTH , kind of guys, had to admit the SQ of the Fuze was head and shoulders.

Just would like to confirm, did both sources have identical file formats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back