Clip+, or i-POD Classic?
Sep 19, 2011 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Chris Haigh

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone.

Recently my Creative ZEN MX 16gb has died and I will be receiving a nice refund, someone has offered to bridge the price gap to an Apple I-pod classic 160gb.

Before this offer I was rather set on a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ with a 32gb SDHC card. These seem to have a very good reputation.

I love the i-pod becasue:

the HDD, 160gb will house my music collection nicely and probably will for annother few years. whereas I can just squash my current collection onto the Sansa Clip.

I love the Clip because:

It's layout/ inteface. I owned a Sansa Express as my first player, this is what got me into music with it's questionable quality and versitile equaliser.

RockBox, Not that I have any experiance with it, RockBox looks really nice, however i can imagine it being nice setting it up, but I should think it's more of a gimic than something to base my decision on. Could you give me your opinions on this? (As far as I know this is unavailable with the i-pod)

I didn't like an i-POD nanno 3rd generation's interface, has it got better?

I have a silly hatred of anything with an appel on it. However I am not going to let that get in the way of the better player.

please can you give me your opinions on these players and any others that are similar in price or below that of the i-pod.

I am using no mobile amplifier, and CrossRoads Quattro In-ear-phones. I also have no intrest in taking photos or watching films or any other silly features the I-pod may have.

Thanks,
Chris.

Sep 19, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 3
I suggest you wait a week or two and see what Apple have to reveal in this years Phone / Pod updates / refreshes etc.

Maybe nothing, maybe a surprise??

Sep 19, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 3
I will recommend the HM-601, S:Flo 2, Sony X1060 and HM-602 for better soundquality and these all has built in AMPs and they sound amazing (better than iPod Classic, Clip+).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back