clicking problem in soundcard>DAC setup
Aug 13, 2006 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

the_kwak

New Head-Fier
I received my Audiophile 192 a while ago and noticed some random clicks or stuttering every once in a while when connected to the Dialogue II DAC. This also happened sometimes(though not as much) when I tried ASIO4ALL with the AV710, but it was fine when using kernel streaming. With the 192 ASIO, kernel streaming and direct sound all have this problem. I tried messing around with a lot of the settings in the m-audio control panel, but nothing would work. The onboard soundcard's digital out(coax) doesn't do this.

I got the 192 mainly for recording purposes, and planned on putting the AV710 back in the computer when i move for college this month(right now a modem is in the only other pci slot), since my DAC can switch between optical(av710) and coax(192). Right now i don't have the right cables to connect the amp directly to the soundcard to check if it's only the digital out. Is there anything i can do that could fix this?

Aug 13, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 4
I have the same thing with my DAC, a Cambridge Audio Isomagic S700. It only appears a while after I stop playing music. I think I read somewhere that is has something to do with the clocks in the computer and in the DAC getting out of sync...
Does anyone know more about this?

Aug 13, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 4
With regard to the second poster, I think it can be the mute junction of some DAC(e.g Zhaolu 2) that produces the clicks.

Aug 14, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicDawg
With regard to the second poster, I think it can be the mute junction of some DAC(e.g Zhaolu 2) that produces the clicks.

Is that normal or would it be broken?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back