Clicking... Crackling...
Jun 16, 2020 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Koozwad

New Head-Fier
Started hearing the above today while playing audio/video in MPC-HC using exclusive mode. I've used MPC-HC, these headphones(DT 770 Pro) and exclusive mode for years(last time before this issue that I've used them without problems was yesterday). Only thing I changed today before using the headphones that I can think of is hooking up a new monitor. I don't attach the headphones to the monitor though. Anyone any ideas? I've already tried fully cleaning the headphone internals themselves and tried plugging them into different places on my PC. Still hearing the clicking and crackling. Even files that worked perfectly before using exactly the same media player, settings and headphone port now have crackling/clicking. Already looked around a bit but couldn't find any helpful answer. It's real weird it just started happening out of nowhere.

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 3
My guess is the extra noise from the video driver board is contributing to your problem. It could be noise or even a power issue.

Does it go away if you unplug the monitor cable from your PC?

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #3 of 3
Things to try...# 3 being the best option in your case.

1.) Turn off Power Management for all of your USB HUB devices ( device manager )
2.) Try using an optical cable instead of USB ( if the clicks go away then it is probably a bad USB / interface on the PC )
3.) Try disabling your graphics drivers. This can cause all sorts of latency issues adding noise, signal drops, and other unwanted side effects. The PC shares the power resources and disabling the graphics driver and retesting will clue you in on the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back