Clickclickclick. Click-click. Repeat.
Aug 27, 2008 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gre0

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know a faster way of marking a whole forum as read than choosing "Forum Tools" > "Mark This Forum Read"?

Particularly when I am watching the Sale/Trade forums for particular items I tend to check them quite often, and I would save a lot of mouse clicks if there was a hotkey or a one click way to mark as read..

Any suggestions, or should I just be glad I have nothing worse in my life to complain about?
biggrin.gif

BR,
gre0

Aug 27, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 9
^ What he said. The problem is probably that you're not logged in, or that you don't have cookies enabled.

Aug 27, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppxnouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are logged in calling
Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio - Powered by vBulletin should mark all sales forums as read.
Depending on the browser you might be able to add a add-on the has hotkeys to call URLs

Hm, that works well for each of the subforums separately, but not for f41. Thanks for the suggestion though. I think I will try writing a greasemonkey script to add some links/buttons to the /f41/ page.

If I manage to get something working I will post back.

Aug 27, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #5 of 9
D'oh.
While looking at the code for the page, I discovered that you can double-click the "There are new posts" icon
forum_new.gif
in front of the name of forum with unread items to mark the forum and its' contents read.

That is to say, exactly what I was looking for.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 27, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by gre0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While looking at the code for the page, I discovered that you can double-click the "There are new posts" icon
forum_new.gif
in front of the name of forum with unread items to mark the forum and its' contents read.

that doesnt work for me
confused_face(1).gif

Aug 27, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that doesnt work for me
confused_face(1).gif

Hmm, sure you do not have javascript disabled somehow? Do you get the text when you hover the mouse over the button?

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #9 of 9
No, but it may be handy some time... So thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back