Clerks II
Jul 23, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #16 of 22
I saw the first Clerks years ago in the movie theater but it was in one of those art house type movie theaters because the film was independant. I loved it! It was like a best kept secret that nobody knew till it came out on video.

If I see the sequel I will have to watch the first one again because it's been so long and I forget everything. But I do remember loving it.

Jul 23, 2006 at 10:15 AM Post #17 of 22
I saw Clerks 2 today. I loved the first Clerks.

The second one had its moments (LOTR vs Star Wars, the troll thing), but overall wasn't anywhere near the quality of the first.

There's an overemphasis on net culture and geekdom which is amusing at parts but ultimately too much of the humor is attempted here. The humor is uneven, with occasional flashes of the original's charm and funny raunchiness.

Smith is older now and has aged both the characters and their life challenges accordingly. As with real life, the characters had the more interesting, raw, and entertaining experiences during their early and mid 20's. The maturity is nice in one respect, it gets you to appreciate the characters on a deeper level. Unfortunately, I think there's a net loss from the comedy perspective.

I'd say it's decent and fans of the first will at least find it watchable (and enjoy catching up with the gang), but it doesn't deserve any glowing reviews. The last third of the movie or so is pretty good, and I think that a lot of people leave a movie remembering the end more than the whole movie.

2.5/5.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:22 PM Post #18 of 22
my friends and i went an hour early to get smoe good seats, no one was there. they started to come 20 minutes before the movie started. the movie was just amazing.

does it count towards the Jersey Trilogy?

Jul 24, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #20 of 22
clerks 2 was by far one of the best movies i have ever seen.

amazing throughout and never a dull moment.

Jul 24, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #21 of 22
Got a chance to see Clerks II this past weekend without having to the see the first one and honestly I wasn't expecting much out of this movie. To my surprise Clerks II turned out to better than I had expected. Downright funny and a great ending. A qoute by Dante: "You never go ATM, Randal".

Jul 24, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #22 of 22
Saw it last night. One of those great movies that when you start physically laughing in the theater almost everyone else is. The crowd seemed to love it, and I loved it. If it weren't for the ticket costing $8.75 (the theater that gives student discounts isn't even airing it for some reason) I would definitely go see it again like this week. I'll probably see it once more in theaters with a bunch of friends and then pick up the dvd. One of those rare comedies nowadays that will always be great. When all was said and done I just plain felt good when the movie ended. I don't know that its quite as good as the first but I'd honestly say it came fairly close. The movie had a different feel to it.....but certainly not in bad way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back