Clearest Headphone there is under 2k$
Sep 10, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 7
Surely the Sennheiser HD800S has got to be up there on the list. Even without having heard it myself, I feel I have to suggest it. Too many people swear by them not to.

Personally I like the Audeze sound. So that would be the LCD-3, given your price range.

Of course, those Electrostatic headphones from Stax have been getting all the love lately. What I wouldn't give to get my hands on their top model.

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 7
Surely the Sennheiser HD800S has got to be up there on the list. Even without having heard it myself, I feel I have to suggest it. Too many people swear by them not to.

Personally I like the Audeze sound. So that would be the LCD-3, given your price range.

Of course, those Electrostatic headphones from Stax have been getting all the love lately. What I wouldn't give to get my hands on their top model.

What cans do you have? Thank you for replying

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 7
For the last six months or so I've felt the LCD-2.2 Fazor is my end-game headphone. I'm sure there is better, but it is so good, I feel no need to go beyond it.

From my review, concerning clarity:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd2-planar-magnetic-headphones/reviews/16379
The Audeze LCD-2.2 Fazor is awe-inspiring in its clarity. There’s absolutely no grain, which highlighted for me just how grainy the HD600 is. In contrast, the Sennheiser almost sounds dirty, a thing I would never have said before. The LCD-2, especially in Balanced, has clean, glass-like audio.

The Audeze’s detail and resolution puts to shame everything else I own. It’s the cliché of clichés to say I hear things in my music I never heard before, but **** me! These Planars can do things Dynamics can only dream of. You wouldn’t think a laid-back headphone would excel in detail, yet these render all for your enjoyment. The details simply aren’t forced upon you, as with more aggressive headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back