Cleaning wax out of monster turbines
Nov 17, 2012 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

borgqueenx

New Head-Fier
The right earphone lost its volume and clarity. I highly suspect its because of wax inside the filter.
Ive googled and bought a bottle with 3% waterperoxide or something. Dipped the earphones in them for minutes then cleaned with water and let them dry for half an hour.
Trying them didnt do anything. Also tried it again without success. The metal wax filter is completly submerged and the rest about 2 mm.
Any idea and maybe a buy link of ebay or whatever?

Also heard of putting the iem's in the freezer for an hour but that doesnt sound healthy for the iems. And since these are the copper edition, im careful of them.

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 4
The right earphone lost its volume and clarity. I highly suspect its because of wax inside the filter.
Ive googled and bought a bottle with 3% waterperoxide or something. Dipped the earphones in them for minutes then cleaned with water and let them dry for half an hour.
Trying them didnt do anything. Also tried it again without success. The metal wax filter is completly submerged and the rest about 2 mm.
Any idea and maybe a buy link of ebay or whatever?
Also heard of putting the iem's in the freezer for an hour but that doesnt sound healthy for the iems. And since these are the copper edition, im careful of them.

You want something stronger.

Try a Q-tip with some methylated spirits dipped on it, wipe it over the grill.

I do not recommend putting them in the freezer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back