Cleaning Laptop Screen...
Feb 8, 2004 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

RickG

Electrostatic Elvis
What's the best method for cleaning smudges and fingerprints from the screen of a laptop computer?

I've been using that "Endust for Electronics" stuff, however, I'm not pleased with the results.

Any suggestions?

confused.gif

Feb 8, 2004 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 12
Windex, or alcohol........
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2004 at 11:03 PM Post #4 of 12
Mine is not a laptop, but I use alcohol all the time after some tries, nothing beat it, as pure as posible, of course for laptops, i should try first in one of a friend or office before, some plastics may get damged, that was a joke....OK???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2004 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
That can be incredibly risky. I'd get a special purpose product such as this.

Thanks, man. I knew that the "Windex, or alcohol" suggestion was bogus...I'm not that stupid.

I'll check into the products you recommended.

wink.gif

Feb 8, 2004 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 12
i buy a canister of nice'n clean anti-static cleaning wipes at walmart. doesn't harm the screen and cleans it effectively and easily.

Feb 8, 2004 at 11:32 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
Thanks, man. I knew that the "Windex, or alcohol" suggestion was bogus...I'm not that stupid.

I'll check into the products you recommended.

wink.gif

Wow, you can edit your posts with having an "edit" message appear.

Feb 8, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #10 of 12
I was trying to quote you...and I hit the wrong post. (Sorry)
I sincerely appreciate the link you provided! (already ordered some stuff).

Thanks a million!

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2004 at 1:03 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
I'd get a special purpose product such as this.

Good suggestion, Music Fanatic. I've used Klear Screen for years on everything from desktops to laptops to PDAs. It's a top-notch product.

The best thing about it is that you don't have to constantly reapply it to the display when you get fingerprints on it. Klear Screen leaves a light film of protectant on the display, so lightly buffing with a Klear Kloth (or any other lint-free cloth) will polish fingerprints right out.

D.

Feb 9, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #12 of 12
A little late but might be useful for others if you can get these as freebies.

A friend of mine passed me some of those disposible aircraft gauges cleaners. Man do they work great! There's 2 (cloth like) materials. The first one is wet for cleaning the screen of any gunk on it & the second dry cloth is used for buffing. Not only does it cleans the surface easily it also ensures that the screen is free of dust for quite a long time. It's been a few months since my last cleaning & there much less dust on it than previously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back