Cleaning HD650 driver?
Sep 24, 2007 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dzjudz

Headphoneus Supremus
I was just taking off the pads/foam of my HD650 cups to check what's written on my drivers for the "HD650 uses HD580 drivers?? thread.

My left driver is clean, but there are particles that got under the foam on my right cup (like large dust particles or very small skin flakes), and there are a few on the membrane.

My question is: how can I clean it? Blowing didn't get them all off. Is it safe to touch? I have no experience with cleaning drivers. What do I use?

Sep 24, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just taking off the pads/foam of my HD650 cups to check what's written on my drivers for the "HD650 uses HD580 drivers?? thread.

My left driver is clean, but there are particles that got under the foam on my right cup (like large dust particles or very small skin flakes), and there are a few on the membrane.

My question is: how can I clean it? Blowing didn't get them all off. Is it safe to touch? I have no experience with cleaning drivers. What do I use?

Do not touch the plastic bubble covering the driver.. I made that mistake, & the left channel was very distorted. lucky I was able to blow the bubble I deflated with a pen no less.. Been smooth sailing ever since.. This was like 6 months ago..

Sep 24, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #3 of 5
Uh... I don't ever think you should clean or attempt to touch the drivers...

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #4 of 5
Okay, thanks for your replies. I guess I won't clean them then
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do not touch the plastic bubble covering the driver.. I made that mistake, & the left channel was very distorted. lucky I was able to blow the bubble I deflated with a pen no less.. Been smooth sailing ever since.. This was like 6 months ago..

Sorry to bring this thread from the grave, but how did you inflate the deflated bubble? I bought a pair of 650s from someone here and the left side's bubble is deflated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back