Cleaning Ear and Head Pads
Oct 25, 2013 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JeffJeffery

New Head-Fier
I have the ATH-M50's and love them.  I have noticed that on the ear pad the part that covers the driver, has a yellowish brown tint to it I think in the spot where my ear touches the driver.  It's on the inside of the pad, not the pad part itself.  I'm assuming its sweat or ear wax or something of that nature.  How should I clean it.  What should I use and what things will damage the ear pads?
Also side note how can you replace the headband?  Can you do it yourself?  Can you send it in to audio technica and have them replace it?  How much will it cost?  Mine it not bad yet I'm just looking in the future.

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 3
As far as the pads, just use water and soap.  If not, wash those screens only with water and detergent.  Make sure that the earpads are completely dry before you mount them on the headphone again and use the headphone.

Oct 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 3
Be careful with the type of soap/detergent you use. If it has a lot of fragrance, it can be an issue, I made this mistake and had headphones that made me sick with the overpowering "spring fresh" scent haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back