Cleaning DAP screen before applying protector
Dec 11, 2006 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bpower

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I have a Cowon A2. The screen has picked up some dust particles. I cant remove them. I've been using damp tissue, but the particles wont budge. Anyone got any suggestions on how to give the screen a good cleaning?

Thanks,
Brian

Dec 11, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 4
Are you sure, they are on the surface on the screen?

I can remember reading on iaudiophlie.net, that the A2 is quite known for collecting dust under the screen cover....

Dec 11, 2006 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,
I have a Cowon A2. The screen has picked up some dust particles. I cant remove them. I've been using damp tissue, but the particles wont budge. Anyone got any suggestions on how to give the screen a good cleaning?

Thanks,
Brian

Do you mean the hard plastic case? Like a removable face? If so, basically there is nothing you can do. My cell phone is the same way. It collects 1-2 peices of dust under my screen after a few weeks. I just open it up, blow it off with some compressed air and prepare for the next.

If you mean a protector like BSE (Best Skin Ever) or IS (Invisable shield), you can soak it in the water/soup solution for like 5mins, come back and kinda use your finger to scrub the bottem. Some particles do get caught and almost embedded into the screen itself. This happened with my BSE on my Zen. It lifted a tad bit of paper when i removed the stick from the backing. I didnt notice it till it dry, due to the fact that its clear when its wet. 100% make sure your SCRUB your finger tips with soap before you do this. Also, when you decide to put it back on, go into a nice steamy (not completely filled with steam, maybe after a nice hot shower) bathroom to refit it. This will help keep the dust down to min. I also used a microfiber cloth to prep the screen and compressed air to blow anything else off.

Heres a tip, i found this out the hard way....if you decide to remove the screen after the first refit, MAKE SURE you clean off the excess water thats left before you try the 2nd refit. If not, it will kinda bubble up where the excess water gets trapped.

Which ever one it is, i think that should cover it =)

Dec 11, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #4 of 4
thanks for that guys. I mean the actual screen of the DAP, I haven't applied the cover yet (its a sheildzone one). Looking at it now, some of the dust is under the screen. How the hell did the dust get underneath the screen and then move 2 inches towards the center
blink.gif
??

Anyway, Im just gonna remove the surface dust and apply the plastic cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back