Cleaning CX300 'mesh bits'
Sep 26, 2006 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tooch

100+ Head-Fier
Just a quick question folks, looking at my CX300's yesterday, it occurred to me that the mesh parts are going to get dirty/blocked up eventually, probably pretty quickly actually seeing as I wear them mainly at the gym. They don't appear to be removable, anyone know of a way to clean them?

I was thinking maybe to soak them in isopropyl alcohol or spray with electrical cleaner, and just let them dry right out...

Sep 26, 2006 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

I was thinking maybe to soak them in isopropyl alcohol or spray with electrical cleaner, and just let them dry right out...

wow i hope you are not trying to do this while the mesh is still on the ear piece...

btw getting to the point YES they are removable and can be easily cleaned with a toothbrush etc with water. its best that you dont try to use any chemicals on it. but i guess a little soap wont hurt.

also i have had the cx300 for 4 month now with about 2 hours everyday, nothing has clogged up yet so i guess you dont really need to worry about those.

Sep 26, 2006 at 7:58 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosh
wow i hope you are not trying to do this while the mesh is still on the ear piece...

btw getting to the point YES they are removable and can be easily cleaned with a toothbrush etc with water. its best that you dont try to use any chemicals on it. but i guess a little soap wont hurt.

also i have had the cx300 for 4 month now with about 2 hours everyday, nothing has clogged up yet so i guess you dont really need to worry about those.

Hmm so they are removable then? How do they come off?

Electrical contact cleaner/isopropyl alcohol should not harm anything, you can soak PCB's in it, and as long as you let it dry off before turning it on, it does no harm, just removes all the deposits.

Sep 26, 2006 at 8:20 AM Post #4 of 5
i pressed in mine gently and it tipped and then i was able to use a toothpick to take it off.

about the chemicals if you say they work then dont let me stop you
lambda.gif

Sep 26, 2006 at 8:40 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosh
i pressed in mine gently and it tipped and then i was able to use a toothpick to take it off.

about the chemicals if you say they work then dont let me stop you
lambda.gif

lol now that I know they come out, I won't muck around trying to clean them while they are in then
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the help mang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back