Cleaning CDP / DVDP
May 27, 2006 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Inter

100+ Head-Fier
I've used my trusty Marantz cd-63mk2 Signature as a source in my various stereos and now as a source for my headphone set-up, and recently it has really started to behave a bit irregular by skipping alot. It suddently hits me that I bought this thing 6 years ago and I never ever cleaned it, because for the first 5,5 years of very extensive use it never skipped, ever.

So my question is, are there any CDP / DVDP cleaning kits that works better than others? Anything I should avoid? Experiences?

May 27, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inter
So my question is, are there any CDP / DVDP cleaning kits that works better than others? Anything I should avoid? Experiences?

Dusty / smokers environment? Opening the unit and careful use of compressed air might help with dust. If you have sticky stuff in there from smoking in the presence of the unit (did I just say that?
icon10.gif
) you want to look at lens-cleaning equipment from a photo-store. Some people say it is not totally pointless / insane to use those cleaning-CDs with brushes. I say I would not use them on my equipment because it is like brain surgery with a blender.

May 27, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 4
True about the cd cleaners.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's been used in a dusty and smoking environment a few years, until I stopped smoking. My best option really is to open it up myself and carefully clean it a bit? I think the lens needs some serious cleaning though.

May 28, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 4
Clean the lens gently with a cotton Q tip - no liquids

Sometimes can eliminate skipping problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back