Cleanest treble in an IEM (non CIEM)?
Jun 3, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #16 of 50
Angie is the best I've heard.

Yep. I would put the Angie's treble over every single thing I've heard to date barring perhaps the UERM (they're maybe even - the Angie is cleaner, the UERM has better air/transients - and Stax - although the Angie has better midrange to treble transition than Stax, the latter can feel cold with emphasis in the upper midrange) It's really, really good. Not a fan of the 1plus2 treble. Too peaky and bright to me. I always felt the K3003 had better treble timbre than the 1P2. The Angie resolves all of the detail that the 1P2 is capable of outputting and then some without any of that phone's sibilance or piercing tendencies

Jun 3, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #17 of 50
I'd say Angie, Layla (fairely neutral tunning with great extension and transition) and K10 (more sparkle with great articulation, transition, texture and extension too) those 3 are definitely better tuned to my ears in the trebles than 1+2, K3003.

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #18 of 50
Angie! Seriously, you'll stop hearing bass, mids, treble and enjoy the music as a cohesive whole. Also nice to dial the bass up and down without taking a hit in the mids.

Jun 7, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #19 of 50
Shure SE215 (the regular version). Very clean and defined. Would create the impression that it lacks detail, but it's just that it doesn't emphasize or adds treble or sibilance to the recording.

Jun 9, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #22 of 50
RE-272 is an amazing Iem

Jul 13, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #25 of 50
I actually have the 1+2 with silver-gold balanced cable, and I think these are a bit sparkling  treble, I noticed the 10K hz peak by myself, and discovered there is also the 6K peak, probably the reason why they sound quite"metallic" to my ear.
I would bet they cut off at 15-16K hz or so.
I listened them on my Dx90 and Meizu MX4 pro, compared to my PM-3 they sound like metal.
Combined with my 901 and fenli amp card, the result is good, even the trebles are good, fine, and not too metallic.
I think there is a bit of metal tint in the treble, maybe a very few bit more than a T70P.
I would find a more regular treble iem combo, and with a real 20Khz covering.
For the moment I listen only using my PM-3 because I didn't find the right iem for the moment, seems it will be difficult, but I admit I really would like to get custom fit iems.
I have to try some earsonic, because they are based in France a couple of miles from my mother's home, and seems their EM 32 is good, based from many french users.

Would it be possible to get the diagrams of frequency response of the various JH audio iem's, or other iems whit good treble restitution?

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #28 of 50
Layla gets a great mention, took me a while (and some spinfit tips) to realise this though...

RE272 mentions intruige me...

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #29 of 50
I think eliminating CIEMs from the list of available options means you can't achieve the best sonics in ears are capable of.  If it has to be universal the Noble 4 is extremely clear with a very pure treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back