Claymation + Gladiator + 300 = My High School Latin Project
Apr 23, 2007 at 10:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

imported_Echo_

500+ Head-Fier
A couple of weeks ago my Latin teacher gave us a project. The instructions for this project was that it had to relate to Roman history or culture. Most of the kids in my class wrote a paper or cooked a dish. My friends and I, however, decided to embark on a long journey through the world of Claymation. The last Claymation we did was in 6th grade in our gifted class. 5 years later we would make our second one, entitled Claydiator. It actually has a story line and some funny parts, although I don't know how well the jokes will translate across the internet.

It's cool if it doesn't float your boat, but we had fun doing it and invested a large amount of time and hard work on it, and I thought it was worth sharing.

All footage was shot by a Canon 350d + 28-135mm IS lens (most of the time at f 8.0).
(Make sure you watch part 2 or else the story and sweet action is not complete!)
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNDJaxtpZsg
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXjUSQNLUkk

Apr 23, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 11
Very nice claymation, you must have a lot of patience.

But it's about a Spartan? For Latin class?

--Chris

Apr 23, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 11
nice sound editing and animation. very funny. i especially liked the slow-mo death-blows.

Apr 23, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by hempcamp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice claymation, you must have a lot of patience.

But it's about a Spartan? For Latin class?

--Chris

Well see my friend really wanted a Spartan in there for the This is Sparta line, so I gave the okay. It's not too entirely inaccurate because they would often reenact ancient battles and stuff, although he would most likely be called the greek.

Apr 24, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #5 of 11
To call that video "hardcore" would be an understatement.

Excellent claymation violence (blood effects were particulalry good).

Apr 24, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #6 of 11
I am not yet done watching, but this is completely awesome

really nice work.

EDIT: Cantina band music from star wars... very nice. HAHA, and Kill Bill music... LOL

The legolas spoof was hilarious.

Apr 24, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #7 of 11
Wow, that was extremely impressive. And this is for a high school class?

Oh btw, I dedicate my 2,000th post to you
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #9 of 11
Excellent stuff, I must say, and it really did get much better in part 2. Only problem is the very low framerate, but then one can only endure tedium up to a point
biggrin.gif
. Strutting music though, more suited to strutting then fighting, I wonder, maybe you could have got some early day O-ren Ishi (and requisite gang members) to make a cameo
biggrin.gif

Bravo!

Apr 24, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent stuff, I must say, and it really did get much better in part 2. Only problem is the very low framerate, but then one can only endure tedium up to a point
biggrin.gif
. Strutting music though, more suited to strutting then fighting, I wonder, maybe you could have got some early day O-ren Ishi (and requisite gang members) to make a cameo
biggrin.gif

Bravo!

smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks for the comments guys. Hope you enjoyed it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back