Classy Storage Boxing
Dec 20, 2010 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

storrgie

Head-Fier
I've seen some cool pictures of cans in boxes with exotic interiors and exteriors for storage. Is there some place that can be contracted to create these?

I've peeked around, was hoping to find a listing on etsy but I have not found anything.

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
I've seen some cool pictures of cans in boxes with exotic interiors and exteriors for storage. Is there some place that can be contracted to create these?

I've peeked around, was hoping to find a listing on etsy but I have not found anything.

A lot of those are the boxes that high-end headphones come in.

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 7
Might be as easy as asking around your area to see who some of the local wood workers are. I am sure some of them would be more than happy to take on a project like that. I am getting ready to do the same thing for a headphone stand and some new woodie chambers for my Grados.

Dec 20, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 7
Makes sense, however my question would then be excluding those. I have my original HD650 box but that's not very 'classy'.

I just want to know if its time for me to make my own, and if so would anyone be interested in contributing to the design?

Dec 20, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Makes sense, however my question would then be excluding those. I have my original HD650 box but that's not very 'classy'.

I just want to know if its time for me to make my own, and if so would anyone be interested in contributing to the design?

When I think 'classy headphone box' I think of the HD800 box. http://www.flickr.com/photos/the-jude/3254086322/in/photostream/

I think that any nice, well-constructed wooden box with cushioning inside covered by silk/velvet in the manner of the above box would look really nice. Like ArmAndHammer said, contact a local woodworker with the idea, or if you're handy, DIY!

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #6 of 7

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Or for a kinda neat and FREE option...go to your local cigar shop and ask to take a look at their empty cigar boxes. The shops usually give them away or sell them for just a few bucks. Some of them are actually very nice boxes and could easily be sanded and refinished and then you could add the interior of your choice. And you would have the plus of having your headphones smell of delicious Spanish Cedar...lol

lol
It would be a good idea to make your own box for your 650's. 
Maybe something like this:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back