classical recomendation...?
Oct 30, 2002 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mekanoplastik

500+ Head-Fier
today i got a Berlioz cd from my roomate... try the Symphonye Fantastique he said.......and the song #5 v.songe d'une nuit de sabbat is just ...i think is fantanstic..i listened it maybe 10 times and i like it everytime more....

it is very exciting when this happens...find something play it and get totally shock by how much you like it.....

because of this "happy incident" i would like to ask to the more educated in classical music people for some recomendations of music of composers that may have some similarities with Berlioz..

i can just hope you guys have a similar situations soon......

happy listening..
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 7
My happy incident recently was Dvorak's 9th symphony, 4th movement. Very cool. Check it ou.

Nov 1, 2002 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 7
I have lots of happy classical moments. Many correlate with material I once played in jr. high/high school orchestra.

My most recent happy moment came from mahler's 2nd symphony, first movement. This emphasized for me how John Williams (composer, not guitaris) is really good at borrowing other ideas for his soundtrack scores... (think empire strikes back)

Nov 1, 2002 at 5:12 AM Post #6 of 7
I don't know very much about classical music but I'd like to learn. Is there a website that caters to classical music? Can anyone suggest anything to get me started?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back