Classical fans: interesting ballet music box set
Jan 11, 2010 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

seacard

1000+ Head-Fier
Just came across this box set on Amazon -- a 35-CD set that includes pretty much any ballet you will want to hear for $90. A good deal on a collection that includes some amazing music.

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 4
Wow! That's a great set -- or should be. I'd buy it instantly if I didn't already own most all of the recordings in that London series. At Amazon they don't list what conductor does what, but I can imagine: Maazel in Romeo and Juliet, Ashkenazy in Cinderalla. Ansermet or Bonynge in Sleeping Beauty, Swan Lake and Nutcracker -- either conductor is just fine. But boy, would it be nice if the Dorati Sleeping Beauty is there. Bychov's Rite maybe? If you don't have this music this set is really a great bargain.

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 4
It may be the Dutoit Swan Lake, and if so, that makes this set even more appealing. EMI is coming out with something similar (50 CDs) this month, and although I'm slightly less enthisiastic about EMI's catalogue, it should also have some great stuff in there (lots of Previn, I would assume).

Jan 12, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 4
wow - nice. Too bad those aren't lossless downloads. If these record companies would get a clue and offer FLAC/WAV, they would probably make a lot more money, especially when you can just download whichever ones you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back