classical and jazz music
Apr 13, 2002 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been listing to classical and jazz music now for about 10 hours straight. I am comming from rock music pink floyd my favorite. But for some reason on the reconmadations of some of the members I have turned to classical and jazz. I still cant decide which can is better for this music. I like jazz with the (thump) bass and abstrack conception of the music wich seem to go well with my 580s. I like classical for the beautifull sound and complex compasition and seem to go well with my 890s huge sound stage and big sound that classical music puts out. I am a fairly good chess player and aways open with the queen pawn for a more abstrack and exceiting game instead of the king pawn which is more traditional and boring. So you can see why I like classical music. This forum has giving me so much. It has lead me to the 580s and the 890s and now to new music which I am enjoying. also I seem to be becomming more social and more understanding of other peoples opion. Thanks forum.

Apr 13, 2002 at 4:13 PM Post #2 of 8
HEY, Kings pawn is not ALWAYS boring!!!
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2002 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 8
SIR:
Yor are right about kings pawn opening not always being boreing. But IF I may say that If one has studyed the traditional king pawn opening in many of its facets one can exspect a certain kink of game forthcomming on. And even be prepaired to kick ass. Now on the other hand it is hard to study the queen pawn opening because of the abstrack hypeathacal options avable to such an opening. Most times even the opener dont know what game he has up his sleve. The queen pawn opening is sort of a wild abstrack unfullmeller who knows what kind of game. Now keep in mind that I may be totalley wrong about this. It is just my experience. With full respect.
LOUIS TUCCI

Apr 13, 2002 at 6:50 PM Post #4 of 8
Lou T: Very true, and well said. I prefer Queen's Pawn as well, though I tend to use King's Pawn when I play people who I am intimidated by (as they are noticeably better), since it gives me a greater sense of control over what I am doing....

Apr 13, 2002 at 9:02 PM Post #5 of 8
coolvij
SIR: I agree with you about the kings pawn opening. For it is the traditenal less surprissing and more controlled opening. How ever if you are intemanated by a player because you might think that he plays beter than you why fall into his hands? He proably knows the first 10 moves or more king pawn opening moves that you will present to him and acordingly will set you up big time. I have found that when I play a better player then myself it is to my advantage to rightaway throu him off with all his book learing and expierence and play as unorthadox a game as I can leaving the other player at a lost as to what I am or am trying to do. I may not know what I am planing to do. And even if I lose the game the other player looks puzzled at to what just has happened. That was not in the book.LOL.
Now may I ask you a simple question?
Befor you even get to the board and set up the pieces. What 3 most important things must you do and keep in mind befor ever begaining the game? Please replay

Apr 13, 2002 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 8
Hmm....Lou T.....keep in mind I'm just a teen
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd say.........

1. Be prepared to win
2. Be prepared to lose
3. Be prepared to happily accept a draw?

biggrin.gif

What were you looking for?

Apr 13, 2002 at 10:34 PM Post #7 of 8
SIR:
I believe that your answer was
1. Be prepared to win
2. Be prepared to lose
3. Be prepared to happily accept a draw?
Now a few years back. More than I would like to remember. LOL. I use to teach chess. Not for money mind you but for the sake of the game. And a few meals and fellowship with nice people. Now I knew from reading maby 100 books on the subject. That there seem to be 3 very important concepts that could improve the game of a new or begginner player 10 times fold if he would follow the concepts that I proposed. I found that over 90 per cent whent on to be good chess players always keeping in mind the 3 concepts that they have learned. Mind you that these concepts are to think about before you ever sit down to play. ready?
one-always get center board suprimacy.
two-quickly develope your pieces. (knight and biship)
three-quick cassel. within 4 moves 5 if need be.
And for a philasphical concept if you no not what to do next. Always develpe a piece to a more advantage position (knight or bishop). Now the are reasons for these concepts. The game of chess is actuly a game of mathamaticul precepts. Not only are all the chess pieces given a number value but the board its self is given a mathamatical value as to where ones pieces are located and thier probable potential. When a game is analized its who has the best position with the best probable move. They do this by mathamatics. Potencal allowable possible moves. So centerboard suprimacy gives the most potencial allowable moves. I hope that I said this in plain language really that all I know anyway and I hope it might help improve you chess game.

Apr 13, 2002 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 8
Sounds good to me - and certainly better than what I came up with
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back