Classical / Acoustic
Mar 8, 2006 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

padi89

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all its my first time posting here so just a quick question.Im looking at a set of
Sennheiser HD555 for listening to classical and acoustic.I was just wondering if these would suit?Thanks in advance.(they are available local to me and suit my budget)

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 9
WOW that was fast much appreciated.Ive only stumbled across this site tonight and im well impressed.Thanks.I already own a pair of Sennheiser HD485 , love em for dance and hip hop but im finding they have a small bit too much base for classic, acoustic .Hope the Hd555s will do better.

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 9
I'll second the emphatic yes.
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #5 of 9
The HD555 would be excellent for this type of music. You might also want to look at the AKG K501 which just recently fell into the same price range as the HD555. Until the newer K601 and K701 came out, the K501 was considered one of the top mid-fi headphones. Their lush, liquid mids are legendary.

BTW...Welcome to Head-Fi, Sorry About Your Wallet.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by padi89
Hi all its my first time posting here so just a quick question.Im looking at a set of
Sennheiser HD555 for listening to classical and acoustic.I was just wondering if these would suit?Thanks in advance.(they are available local to me and suit my budget)

The 555's are great. There are several pair currently available in the "Headphones for Sale" section of this website. Good luck and welcome! There's no turning back now, lol.

Mar 9, 2006 at 12:47 PM Post #7 of 9
I bought a pair of 555s for my daughter who is is not an audiophile but she is a graduate student in musicology. Needless to say, she listens to a great deal of music both serious and popular. She spontaneously generated the term "eargasm" to describe her reaction to the these headphone's sound quality.
eek.gif
'Nuff said.

Mar 9, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #9 of 9
For these kinds of music I'd also consider a HD590. A while back one could find those in a similar price range as HD555s, which is kind of a steal for cans found to compete well with HD580/600 in terms of classical. (If you were looking for an allrounder, the '555 would probably be better.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back