Classic earbuds?
Mar 1, 2016 at 12:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

WildStyle-R11

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone still make these? I dunno whatsup with my left ear, but it is irritating to put anything in it that seals it, for time being RIP portable setup T.T . Does anyone still make earbuds? Like half decent in sound anyway?

Mar 1, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 7
  Does anyone still make these? I dunno whatsup with my left ear, but it is irritating to put anything in it that seals it, for time being RIP portable setup T.T . Does anyone still make earbuds? Like half decent in sound anyway?

Venture Electronics (VE) Monk; Baldoor EarBell E100, Edifier H180, Senn MX985 (way, way, way more expensive), MusicMaker MrZ Tomahawk (also very nice), Apple EarPods. All of the above sound "half-decent" at the very worst. Even the $5 ones. Who cares if you break them--buy three pairs!

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 7
You can find VE earbuds on Aliexpress. It's a Chinese marketplace and I have had no problem buying things and having them shipped to Sweden.

Here are VE Monk

Tomahawk

You can also find Yuin PK3 and PK2 on Ebay, probably from UK sellers as well. PK3 can be found from around $35 and PK2 from around $45.
The Yuin earbuds are a bit old and have been sold for close to 10 years. When I started getting in to earbuds, Yuin was the only quality earbuds available but the last few years Chinese makers have really stepped up and right now there are a lot of interesting earbuds being sold...
Yuin still sound good, but nowadays they are a bit overpriced. You can get earbuds that sound as good as PK3 for around $10-15 and as good as PK2 for around $30-40.

Mar 3, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #5 of 7

VE Zen, Assura, Monk
Ostry KC08, Shozy Cygnus, Yuin PK1/2/3, MrZ Ting
All available on Aliexpress.

Mar 3, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #7 of 7

Let us know how they work out for you, please.

Sure, I got them today. Not quite the best fit for me as it sounds distant, However they most certainly are good. Not quite for me since I can't get the fit. :D But for now, while my ear heals or whatevaa' it will do.

Also why the hell every single wireless headphone is warm...Ain't no rest for the people who don't like warm sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back