Claro Halo... 2.1 Speakers into Headphone Jack?
Jun 13, 2012 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

San7a

100+ Head-Fier
I recently bought a pair of Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers for my desktop and was wondering if anyone knew how I could plug both the speakers and my headphones into the Claro Halo?

The RCA connectors on the Claro Halo are running to my headphone amp... Which leaves the headphone jack and the SPDIF... I'd rather not have to get a converter to make the SPDIF accept the analog speakers so I was wondering if there was any danger in plugging the speakers into the amplified headphone jack? Could this potentially be damaging to the speakers or card itself?

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 5
As long as you're not blasting the volume from your computer into the speakers, it should be just fine. I've done the same with my T6100 speakers from creative for years and I haven't had a problem. The only reason I say not to blast the computer volume into the speakers is because you might get some clipping depending on the input range on the Klipsch speakers.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #3 of 5
Hmm... This is good news. Thank you for the reply!

Are you familiar with the Claro Halo? I should probably keep the jumper switch on the card set to low impedance, no? I'm just worried about the card's built-in amplifier.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #4 of 5
I don't own one but I've seen them and have used other similar sound cards.

I would keep the gain switch on low. You're not going to be driving 600ohm speakers but merely just sending the signal to the speakers to then be amplified. I don't see the built in amp being much of a problem. As long as you aren't blasting the output on the sound card, you'll be just fine.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #5 of 5
No, would mostly be watching Netflix and Blu-Rays... I see no reason to blast episodes of Hoaders...
bigsmile_face.gif

Edit- Thanks again for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back