Claritycaps?
Apr 11, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #2 of 11
Woohoo yay just what i've been looking for
rolleyes.gif

Money better spent on a more elaborate design which eliminates capacitors in the signal path if you have such an aversion against them to begin with IMHO.

Apr 11, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #3 of 11
Their DTAC range looks neat.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #4 of 11
How will it look when it is inside a case?

I'm with Garbz on this on.

If gobs of cash are needing to be spent to make it sound better, perhaps it it time to start from scratch.

Apr 11, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #5 of 11
These caps are pretty cheap though (around the price of solen), supposedly

Apr 11, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 11
I used two of them for the bass boost on my M^3. No complaints here, but I haven't tried any other capacitors yet for the bass boost.
They're cheap, and I suppose they're reasonably good. No sense not trying I guess.

~Tom

Apr 11, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #7 of 11
They look pretty.

Apr 11, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garbz

Money better spent on a more elaborate design which eliminates capacitors in the signal path if you have such an aversion against them to begin with IMHO.

For a tube amp???

Apr 11, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #9 of 11
Indeed Teerawit, sometimes capacitors are inevitable (for coupling purposes). Besides transformers and capacitors, what other things are there for DC blocking that wouldn't degrade the signal? Is there anything like that?

Quite the conundrum indeed...(not to get off topic or anything...just asking)

~Tom

Apr 12, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
For a tube amp???

You never mentioned that
rolleyes.gif

Well in a tube amp there's often so many caps and xformers in the signal anyway. It's part of their sound. If it sounded clean it wouldn't be a tube amp
tongue.gif

I'm not biased... honestly
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 12, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #11 of 11
Ive used Clarity caps in my bottlehead foreplay tube preamp and also in my first and second version 4556 headphone amp's (solens now). Theyre relatively inexpensive but come with a rather large stranded cable instead of regular solid lead types which can be a pain if your soldering into a PCB for example. Good caps though if you ask me.

You can get them from www.diycable.com for pretty good prices.

These are the 5uf ones that are in my older amp.
componetsall.jpg

*EDIT* after looking at their website looks like they have changed things up a bit! Not sure if the ones DIY cable is selling are these new ones or the older ones like i have but either way, i liked them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back