Clamping Issue With Stax SRS-2050A
Aug 2, 2010 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ProjectDenz

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi there guys, I recently got the Stax SRS-2050A and I love the clarity as well as the general sound of them. However, I can't wear them for more than 10 minutes as they just become too unbearable to wear. The problem is that it is simply too clampy around my ears. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can solve this problem of mine? I really love these and don't want to have to give them up because I can't wear them for more than 10 minutes (damn my big ass head).

Aug 2, 2010 at 12:00 PM Post #2 of 5
Don't worry, I have a fairly large head as well, so fitting headphones on me can be a pain.

Although, the simple solution to clamping force is to 'stretch' the headband. Not by 'pulling' them, but by setting them on something that has them 'stretched' into open position.

Try putting them around a bunch of books, the books acting as a human head. Leave them there for hours, maybe days at a time, and try them through the process to see if they have loosened up any.

Aug 3, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #4 of 5
The Lambdas do stretch a bit over time.. Sorry for the stupid question, but have you slide the headband all the way? I have a rather large head, and I don't have a clamping problem with the SR202. DR150, HD497, and K81DJ are a bit too small for my head, and I had problems with new HD580.

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #5 of 5
Never heard of a comfort issue with the Lambdas so I'm a bit surprised.  Are you adjusting the sliders on the headphones to match the size of your head?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back