Clamping down on trolls
Jun 18, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:
Head Fi is evolving as the portable era has swamped the boards. Many of the silverbacks have left what used to be a DIY and higher end gearfest. Today Head Fi has a different purpose.

Yes, my last active period was in 2006-2007 and when I really got into the hobby again early 2010 a lot of familiar faces were missing. The portable group do seem to be a bit different, younger for the most part.

Jun 20, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #17 of 25

search-

I just found your OP. I hear you man. It's been a frustrating trend for me too. I know for fact of one troll in particular who's recently created a third ID, after his second ID's arguing got a thread closed down. This is on top of like FIVE bans on the first one in this last year. His purpose in returning each time is mainly to argue. The way this place is lately sure sickens me sometimes. I too would like to see more done about individuals like this.

Jun 20, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #18 of 25
I agree with this thread's topic.

Ignore lists are great for those who wish to disregard particular members whom they don't see eye-to-eye with, but for offensive members, well, there's no point in keeping them around. Having offensive people or trolls around is harmful to those who might be browsing around looking for a basin of headphone knowledge, which this site is supposed to be, but swimming through trolls and arbitrary arguments is a big turn off to new people and it has gotten far worse even within the year and a bit I've been member.

Mild arguments in Members Forum discussion threads is one thing, but people going into product threads spouting off "LOL MY HEADPHONEZ ARE BETTRE" does not help the rep of this community.

Just my five cents.

Also, I agree with adding more moderators if possible. I see a few from time to time, but with the size of this forum and my wild guess at how many complaints are filed on a daily basis, I'm willing to bet that they can't address everything.

Jun 20, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #19 of 25
Possibly some in different time zones, the forum is quieter when the Americas are asleep but stuff still goes on. 

Jun 20, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #20 of 25

Quote:
He kept spelling Mcintosh wrong.

And yeah, just use the ignore list. No need to turn the feedback forum into the "Take It Outside" forum. Well, if that's what its purpose used to be. I wouldn't know but I know we had something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

GAH we should definitely have that forum back!

Jun 21, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #21 of 25
As much as I agree with you,
but this is the internet, there will always be trolls.

If you invest your emotion into the internet then you'd be in for a treat.
Just ignore and move on, you don't have to reply or read what you find offensive.

Just smirk, shake your head in disbelief and go on with your life.

Jun 21, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #22 of 25

Quote:

GAH we should definitely have that forum back!

When was that forum gotten rid of? I started lurking in mid 2008 and it wasn't there. I only know about it from some of "seasoned" members talking about it.

Jun 22, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #23 of 25
Said forum, according to jude, became utter chaos, so they simply removed it.  Religion and politics were apparently permitted there, so no surprise.

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #24 of 25

Quote:
Said forum, according to jude, became utter chaos, so they simply removed it.  Religion and politics were apparently permitted there, so no surprise.

Ah, then that makes a lot of sense.

Jun 22, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #25 of 25

Offensive people,Trolls,call them what you like exist not just on forums,if you have worked in as many places as I have you soon realise that all workplaces contain at least one individual who was put on this planet just to annoy others.

You just have to learn to live with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back