Citypulse DA7.2X Output Really Loud.
Dec 9, 2006 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Cousin Patty

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got my Citypulse DAC in the other day. It sounds pretty good so far, waiting for a proper digital cable from Bluejeans to arrive. My question is about the output of the DAC. Its really loud... I can only have the Aria's volume knob at about 9 o'clock for normal-loud listening. Is this not good? Seems like the output of the DAC is doing most of the volume work and my amp isnt doing that much. Is this normal?

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my Citypulse DAC in the other day. It sounds pretty good so far, waiting for a proper digital cable from Bluejeans to arrive. My question is about the output of the DAC. Its really loud... I can only have the Aria's volume knob at about 9 o'clock for normal-loud listening. Is this not good? Seems like the output of the DAC is doing most of the volume work and my amp isnt doing that much. Is this normal?

Are you using the fixed outs or the variable outs?

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 7
I've been using the Fixed outs because those are the only ones that work.

Dec 11, 2006 at 8:46 AM Post #4 of 7
Oh ok. I figured it out. If I use the variable outputs, I can adjust the volume on the front of the DAC. Duh..

Dec 11, 2006 at 12:36 PM Post #5 of 7
I had found the volume controlled output to be a little bit on the softer side. Maybe needed more burn-in, but I liked the regular output a little better.

Subjectively speaking, I think this WAS a little louder than the Zhaolu 2.5C and Rega Planet 2K that I compared it to at a friends....we did VEYR slightly adjust his integrated amp's volume down when switching to the Citypulse. It wasn't much at all, but it WAS noticable.

Dec 11, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh ok. I figured it out. If I use the variable outputs, I can adjust the volume on the front of the DAC. Duh..

The sound isnt quite as good as the fixed. If you can cope with the extra gain go fixed.

Dec 11, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #7 of 7
Yeah I think I'm going back to the fixed output. The variable output did seem kina soft and not as involving. I just didnt like the fixed because it seemed like my Aria wasnt doing much work. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back