Citrix audio
Nov 14, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #16 of 17
I see @ProtegeManiac referenced s8 cases etc above. I have a dex docking station on my desk which usb outs to my dac and charges my phone at the same time. If you set your phone to mirror rather than dex desktop you can control your phone as normal whilst in the dock. Only works with the s8 and note8 though and not sure if you have these phones?

I just used the S8 as an example of what he should probably upgrade to but AFAIK there's a way to get that done on other phones. Just set on a charging pad and hook up the cables, no need for an integrated docking station. Noise is a mixed bag though but hey if there's any then that's why there's the battery case on top of the charging pad.

I own S7 Edge. Anyway, is it safe to have your phone being charged all the time like that?

You're not going to leave it on the charging pad and even if you did most phones have a power chip that cuts charging when fully charged past trickle charging.

i guess a roll of the dice with samsung's track record on batteries!

The Note7 didn't explode because of perpetual charging but because they packaged the cells too tight and had the + and - terminals more easily short out. The only thing charging had to do with it (not all explosions happened while charging either) was that the heat melted the insulation, making the short more likely to occur. Eve then, not necessarily while charging - you could melt it while charging and playing now then have the screen and CPU load it up again later and that's when you melt the final layer of insulation.

In any case, this also the reason for the battery case. Manufacturers have been too obsessed with shrinking the phones that people who don't care about having the thinnest one will just have to get a case with a battery on it to get arond the problem.

Nov 14, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #17 of 17
The Note7 didn't explode because of perpetual charging but because they packaged the cells too tight and had the + and - terminals more easily short out.
was trying to be tongue in cheek on this one. Past error didnt stop me buying a note 8.

Anecdotally when i have left my laptop at work and need to log back in i run citrix via dex desktop to use my android phone to deliver full windows. It is incredibly efficient as a solution and (if dex or similar could be better implemented) probs means i could sack off the laptop between home and work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back