Citing articles found on online websites in APA format?
Feb 19, 2010 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kirosia

Headphoneus Supremus
Feb 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 6
The first article isn't really a website, it looks like it would be a working paper (technical report or research paper, I can't find it published in a journal), so it would look like this I think:

Sheth, J. N., & Park, C. W. (1974). A theory of multidimensional brand loyalty. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Commerce and Business Administration.

CRMTrends (2010). U.S. consumer demographics - evolving consumer demographics. Retrieved February 19, 2010, from http://www.crmtrends.com/ConsumerDemographics.htm.

I'm no APA expert but my major (Psychology) has me writing a lot of papers that require this style of reference list, and this is what I'd put in my list.

edit: I just found the Sheth paper in a journal, but since you're using a working paper as your actual source then you should use that style of reference. If you want to use the published journal article then you should use the journal citation. Let me know if you need the published article and I'll send it your way if I can.

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks, though I had to send in a preliminary list early today. Judging from your examples, I was fairly off base. I can always fix it in the final version, I hope.

Feb 20, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #4 of 6
It depends on what you're submitting and how picky your professor is. Some of my professors probably do a quick look-over to make sure nothing obvious is out of place in the citations/reference list. Other professors will look up each of your references and make sure that the corresponding citation is in the correct format, taking off points for a missed comma, capitalization error, etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back