Circumaural headphones and sweaty ears?
Jun 27, 2005 at 9:55 AM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by a529612
Are there any circumaural headphones that won't give you sweaty ears after a long listening session?

Look for headphones that are both:

a) Open, and
b) Have earpads made of something that lets the skin breathe (like natural leather).

SA5k's come to mind, but that may just be because i'm buying some and am excited about them
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 10:24 AM Post #4 of 11
try a good stick of anti-perspirant around the ears, keeps you dry and smells great too
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2005 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 11
Unscented anti-persperant would be a better idea...

Try some cans with velour or leather pads, anything but pleather, which is...plastic leather. Plastic leather...just say that a few times and it'll be clear exactly what is wrong with it.

Jun 27, 2005 at 11:11 AM Post #6 of 11
take some of the spray (arasol) on anti-persperant and just wet down the cups, just spray the hell out of them, so that they're wet to the touch. Then just before they're completely dry, liberally apply some talcum power or baby powder. Problem solved.

Jun 27, 2005 at 1:10 PM Post #8 of 11
The DT880 are a velour type fabric, and while they're comfy and sound great, they're too damn hot in the summer unless I'm in my airconditioned room. DT880s will definitely make your ears sweat, I can say that for certain...

Jun 27, 2005 at 5:13 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by a529612
Are the pads on Senn HD580 / 600 / 650 and Beyer DT880 made of velour?

While somewhat distasteful, this is an important thread for those of us with tendencies to sweat.

I agree that velour is much, much better than pleather. Although I like my AKG 240s, the pleather is yucky in a warm environment.

The HD 580 is velour, as is the Beyer 250-250. I am struggling with both of them in this muggy NYC summer, and I find myself sticking (no pun intended) to smaller, lighter cans (such as the Grado SR-60) just to keep my ears cooler.

One interesting point is the AKG 501 has some sort of synthetic material, which is nice and does not heat up like pleather. It also seems to cause less sweat than velour.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back