Cincinatti Coffee Shop Shuffle! What a blast!
Jun 28, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Sorry about the "ARGH!" but I think you'd laugh at me IRL because I actually did emit a tiny "argh!" when I was trying to read your post before due to the stretched page - sorry, overreaction due to lazy post reading!

it's cool, man
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 2:02 PM Post #32 of 45
wow - great to hear you all had a great time!
smily_headphones1.gif

and kudos to the person who came up with the idea of 'opening' head-fi to the masses. i still get snarky comments from friends about how much i spend on my rig - but it all stops once they have a listen though.
evil_smiley.gif

i would be interested to hear more opinions from people who have heard mikey01's dm-1. it is interesting to hear it being compared to a moth 2a3. imo, that amp is incredible!

[size=xx-small]btw.. who's the chinese girl in white. i think she's cute!
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
[/size]

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:43 PM Post #34 of 45
hmm, maybe i should bring my new housemate to the san jose meet. when my microdac came in the mail yesterday and i pulled out a little tiny black box, she asked what it was, and i pondered for a bit...hmmm...well..."its an amp for my amp" very articulate genius...she probably thinks im insane already. when she saw 3 pairs of headphones on my lightstand i cant imagine what she thought. its not as though akg 501s are stylish enough to be admired for that. but i imagine a quick wadia powering some orpheusi may change her mind.

rj

Jun 30, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #35 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
that would be my best friends girlfriend
wink.gif

i'll wait.
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #39 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens
What a fine meet. And I got to start the impressions thread!

Jacob (EdipisReks) has managed to pull of something, something quite extraordinary that no one else has managed, and that is to lure women to the meet!!!!

He's neither the first nor the only...

Jul 8, 2005 at 8:05 PM Post #40 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
He's neither the first nor the only...

You must provide photographic evidence to prove this, Eric...
cool.gif

Jul 9, 2005 at 3:11 PM Post #42 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
You must provide photographic evidence to prove this, Eric...
cool.gif

Seattle meet, the one with Todd the Vinyl Junkie.
Seattle meet, at the LAN party place.
Probably at least one other Seattle meet at Experience Audio.

And... the very first meet ever, which Tyll attended! (my grandma came along for the ride
tongue.gif
)

There´s almost certainly more. Go look through the archives yourself if you want pics, I left my über-stalker database of female-attended meets at home.

Jul 9, 2005 at 5:36 PM Post #43 of 45
I seem to recall a Florida meet at agile_one's house where there were female attendees. And there were one or two meets in Europe with plainsong too.

They're few and far between, but it does happen occasionally.

Jul 10, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #44 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
They're few and far between, but it does happen occasionally.

We just had five lovely ladies attent the Boston meet. I made a point to introduce myself to each (a true gentleman...right
rolleyes.gif
), and I ushered a couple of them to one of my amps when they were looking bored. immtbiker's wife was there, as was drp's; I think the rest were girl friends.

The women that show up at the meets give me hope: they allways seem to really appreciate the sound they hear. They may not give a damn about the hardware, but they always love the music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back