Cigar Review: Nub 358 Habano
Apr 26, 2009 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Zarathustra19

1000+ Head-Fier
I recently posted this over on another forum I frequent. I reviewed this cigar because it has quickly become one of my favorites. So without further adieu, I give you my review of the Nub 358 Habano.

Looking at the cigar, there was a great oily sheen to it. It was smooth, no visible defects, no large veins. The cap was well affixed to the head of the cigar and the foot was well packed, not too tight, not too loose.

The cigar itself was firm, with no soft or hard spots. The pre-light draw was free, but not loose, spot on according to my tastes. The cigar lit with no problems. The flow of smoke was good, not excessive, but also giving a great, thick smoke I could blow smoke rings easily with.

The flavors were good (though my pallete is not very refined) I think I got notes of leather and wood as well as a light sweet tobacco flavor.

The burn stayed nearly razor sharp throughout the smoke, and as always with the Nub's I've had, the ash stayed strong to the end.

Overall, I really enjoy nub cigars in general, but the Habano is fast becoming one of my favorites. If you've not tried these yet, give them a shot. At 4ish dollars a piece, they're a fairly good deal for what you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back