CIEM to UIEM Reshelling Services - via Treoo?
Sep 10, 2018 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Victorfabius

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Short story is I have an Empire Ears Zeus XR with the Adel module. It's a custom fit, but doesn't exactly fit my ears well. I'd like to get it reshelled to a universal fit, but Empire Ears does not do this service, neither does Inearz, Alien Ears or Perfect Seal.

I have found (via another place) a site called Treoo, which has a place called Naga Audio, which seems to handle all my needs.

First question:

Is this reputable?

Second question:

Do I have any sort of protection if there's a mistake?

Last question:

What else do I need to know to ensure that I have a good experience with this?

Thanks for your help, all!

Sep 10, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 8
I have never used Treeo but it looks kinda sketchy to me. The warranty and returns policy seems reasonable, though the website does not specify what the warranty would be for your particular product service. I would be sure that the warranty is at least two years, personally, if you decide to use them. Other than that, I myself would probably not feel comfortable using them. I found some negative comments about them and almost all their business comes wholly from Singapore. I could not find any positive reviews (maybe you did?). This is all just my take, though, and YMMV. Maybe someone else here has actually used them for something other than a purchase. That's all I got. Good luck to you.

Sep 12, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 8
Answers to your questions:
1. No.
2. No - maybe another reshell?
3. Pray to God that they sound the same or maybe better than the actual.

Just for clarity, I'm not picking on Treeo or Naga Audio and in fact to my knowledge Naga Audio's name is pretty big and least when it comes to their reshell service.

In my opinion, if you want to 100% ensure that it sounds the same as it is now, it's better the not risk and just get a custom refit from Empire Ears. I believe the costs are pretty much the same if not a bit higher.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #4 of 8
Answers to your questions:
1. No.
2. No - maybe another reshell?
3. Pray to God that they sound the same or maybe better than the actual.

Just for clarity, I'm not picking on Treeo or Naga Audio and in fact to my knowledge Naga Audio's name is pretty big and least when it comes to their reshell service.

In my opinion, if you want to 100% ensure that it sounds the same as it is now, it's better the not risk and just get a custom refit from Empire Ears. I believe the costs are pretty much the same if not a bit higher.

I've contacted them and the tl;dr is Empire Ears won't reshell. They used to, but they stopped ownership transfer in April this year as well as offering a custom-to-universal reshelling. Empire Ears was a bit more expensive, as the service cost $680 or so. Now, I finally found Naga Audio's website and their contact e-mail yesterday. I sent them a inquiry but haven't heard back yet.

To be fair, on the EE impressions thread, there is someone who had Naga Audio reshell the Zeus XR Adel. It looks really nice, and since they're recommending the service, I have to imagine they did not screw up the sonics.

Still, I can't find good information on Treoo, so I appreciate your input. Every data point (even the ones I might not want to hear) are worthwhile.

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #5 of 8
I've contacted them and the tl;dr is Empire Ears won't reshell. They used to, but they stopped ownership transfer in April this year as well as offering a custom-to-universal reshelling. Empire Ears was a bit more expensive, as the service cost $680 or so. Now, I finally found Naga Audio's website and their contact e-mail yesterday. I sent them a inquiry but haven't heard back yet.

To be fair, on the EE impressions thread, there is someone who had Naga Audio reshell the Zeus XR Adel. It looks really nice, and since they're recommending the service, I have to imagine they did not screw up the sonics.

Still, I can't find good information on Treoo, so I appreciate your input. Every data point (even the ones I might not want to hear) are worthwhile.

$680 seriously? That's pretty absurd, at least when compared to the prices in China, which is <$300.

If you see people getting positive results with Naga Audio, then I guess you can go ahead and try. :)

Jul 4, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #8 of 8

Attachments

• IMG_6621.jpg
    IMG_6621.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Naga Reshell.JPG
    Naga Reshell.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back